Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stock ve sv6 exhaust sound!!

OZChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SS Sportswagon
does it sound any different to the older VE SV6?

I drove a 12 month old VE SV6 last week, it sounded and went like crap compared to the new one. The six speed auto is also quite good; although not as smooth as the one in the BF2 Fairmont Ghia I just got out of.

vn4250

vedelta
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega & VP Exec
i had recently fitted quad tip exhaust from a SSV to my omega and noticed the note is not a great difference. better go for an aftermarket exhaust system if you want to reproduce the V8 roar. my car idle has some burble but not enough, a little louder while idle compared to stock omega exhaust. acceleration note is sweet grunt (alot better than omega stock) but not loud enough.

OZChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SS Sportswagon
i had recently fitted quad tip exhaust from a SSV to my omega and noticed the note is not a great difference. better go for an aftermarket exhaust system if you want to reproduce the V8 roar. my car idle has some burble but not enough, a little louder while idle compared to stock omega exhaust. acceleration note is sweet grunt (alot better than omega stock) but not loud enough.

I have bought a VE HSV exhaust for the SS, thinking of putting the original exhaust on the SV6 :)

Shiny Alex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
fair enough man, the tips are really hard to keep clean is all, considering they are extremly thin.
And the mufflers themselves wont give ya much of a better tone, living in auckland for a few years I understand what you mean though.

Coming from the UK where everything is online it can get a bit frustrating lol.

That's pretty much it lol. It did absolutely nothing for performance, I only bought it for the quad tips. For 100 bucks I sure as hell couldn't complain. I was planning on doing a full exhaust but I've put all car plans on hold cos I bought another house on the weekend so no guesses where all my money is going now :(

I'm not too worried about performance, if I wanted a faster car I'd have gone for the SS. It's all purely the looks and for me the fact it's not noisey is a bonus.

I bought a car with loud exhaust once, souned great in tunnels and multistory carparks but any longer than a five minute drive and it was unbearable.

[
you wont notice much, if anything mate, check out redback mufflers for the VE

I'll have a look for them :thumbsup:

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
i got a set for mine for 100 bucks looks good and gives the car the note it should have had new not loud but you can hear the engive revs and tell what load it is under

liljaycee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore
damn.. i just have to keep searching and searching! does anyone have a video of the hsv tips on a stock sv6 by any chance, or sv6 with them installed with a cai as well?

OZChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SS Sportswagon
damn.. i just have to keep searching and searching! does anyone have a video of the hsv tips on a stock sv6 by any chance, or sv6 with them installed with a cai as well?

There was a set HSV mufflers on eBay earlier this week that didn't sell for $50.