Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stock VL diff to LSD conversion

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Ah I see, thanks heaps for the info guys, that's another part of the car I now know a bit more about lol.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
My mechanic quoted me just over $2,000 to get an LSD built that's good for 200hp, is that a decent price? Not sure If that includes fitting it all up though, he also mentioned that he has to check to make sure my axels are the same spline or it's another $800 for new axels, so I guess the $2,000 is just for the "middle" section of the diff

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
He told me "New bearings, seals, second hand LSD centre, oil and labour. More if we have to get axles and if you want to change gear ratios."

So that's basically all the parts, out with the old, and in with a diff that's got [mostly] new parts & is pretty unbreakable.

I'd do it a cheaper way but I want to do it right & I'm willing to pay a bit more to get newer parts than a bunch of 2nd hand, though I guess I could ring a few different diff shops and compare prices.

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
ring around and get more quotes for sure, i got a kaaz centre installed for 2k, but that was without bearings, seals, ratio changes etc. and they are worth a hell of a lot more than a standard lsd centre

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
I guess maybe since I'm sort of going through my mate at his shop, rather than going directly to a diff shop, unless he's telling me that's what the shop's price is, cos' he usually tends to send people to specific shops, e.g. exhaust shops if they want an exhaust, rather than doing it at his shop & being the middle man which costs more.

Anyone know of any good/reliable diff places Northside of Brisbane? I've never really taken notice before & never looked.

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
source a vl turbo one and b done with it man. thats crazy for a N/A with no power.

heck im using a N/A single pegger 25spline with 10psi boost through it.. (not through it, u know what i mean) all is well.

22months like it and still fine.

IMCRZY

YO!
Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VL Excutive Turbo, 00 VT Olympic Edition
ford lsd 25 spline | eBay

Just chuck that in your housing, it wont go for any more than $250 & theres only about $100 to $150 labour at a shop to fit