Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stock VZ SV6 HU (Blaupunkt) question

ncielens

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore SV6
Howdy all, this is my first post, am picking up my 05 VZ SV6 this week.

I used to have my ipod connected to my alpine HU in my old car, so got used to having the ipod in my car (used to have itrip but sound is terrible). I was checking around and have a quick question. The stock HU is the single CD Blaupunkt unit. According to the Blaupunkt website there is an ipod adaptor that can according to the website:

"The interface is suited for Apple iPod and iPod Mini and can be connected
with all Blaupunkt car radios and navigation systems with CD changer
control (DMS) manufactured from 2001 onwards"

My question is this, does anyone know if the stock HU has the CD changer control (DMS) attachement?

Here is the link to the product for more info:

http://www.blaupunkt.com/au/7607540500_main.asp

This would be ideal, as I am trying to keep car stock, after spending many thousands on my 05 WRX stereo. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

edit:

for those more technically minded here is a link to the owners manual for the ipod adaptor:

http://fe0wap79.bosch.de/intershoproot/files/serviceDocuments/7607540501001_EA_GB.pdf

Last edited:

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
The VZ blaupunkt radio does not make provision for that adapter.

PM a user called Phreddy. He has a nice little unit that will help you out exactly the way you want. Although be VERY patient with him. He is a one man operation and has orders for his product from all over Australia, US and also in the Middle East. If you PM him and don't hear back for several weeks then give him a gently nudge.

ncielens

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore SV6
Thanks,

I'ver also just heard back from Blaupunkt that it is not compatable (shame :cry: ). Oh well, back to my iTrip for a while.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7

ncielens

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore SV6
Thanks again for that.

I have also heard that some Blaupunkt radios allow you to keep the steering wheel controls. But they may cause issues with the menus for the car settings??? Has anyone fitted any Blaupunkt models that have kept all the steering controls, dash display (radio station below tacho) and all other features? Or is this asking too much? If anyone has had any dealings with this I'd love to here from you (including which Blaupunkt model).

Otherwise Phreddy's mod sounds the go.