Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stockcar

lemusa

Unmotivated Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey guys, thought id show my work-in-progress stockcar. Don't think you guys really have this class over there but in NZ it's one of speedways biggest full contact classes.

Car will be running a Falcon 6 (I know) + HQ 3 Speed + Mazda diff and a combination of other various car bits.

Here's where I'm at...

PB240048.jpg

IMG_20110821_131303-1.jpg

IMG_20110821_131252.jpg

IMG_20110821_131320.jpg

PC050055.jpg

This engine is now stripped ready for an overhaul
IMG_20110821_131212-1.jpg

The spare engine
PB240050.jpg

I have a massive to-do list and a lot of learning to do but it's alot of fun. Should be ready for next season which starts october next year.

Will get more photos up of parts etc when I get the chance

Last edited:

lemusa

Unmotivated Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah I haven't had anything to do with speedway other than spectating but it got me hooked.

Spare motor and a sketchup of the finished product
PB240050.jpg

stocky.jpg

Edit, I dont know why but the pic of the spare donk wont show up!

lemusa

Unmotivated Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
That's odd. Uh sorta. I actually pulled the chassis from an rfactor model and put it thru various software until i had it in sketchup. which im familiar with, i do have a student 3ds max but have a lot to learn in that. I made wheels, axels etc and bonnet myself though

lemusa

Unmotivated Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
So haven't done much in the year really now that I look back! Partially due to me setting the garage on fire about 2 weeks after my previous post, meant no power in garage. This was fixed finally about 3 weeks ago. Such luxury.

Anyway Suspension is done, steering done, pedals done - need to source a smaller master for clutch, thinking trailer master would do the trick. Will be running Hq clutch most likely so someone here should know what sorta size I would need??? I have sourced a tonne of parts so can speed things up a bit. Next job is cut front off cage and redo cos I need it wider so I have more room in car plus it'l fit the standard body sizes. Once this is done I can finish bracing up steering stuff and do dash and wiring. Then engine back in and I"ll fire it up. Fuel tank is mounted now and half plumbed, forgot to take pics. I also need to rebuild the webber carb, anyone know where to get rebuild kits for these?

Pics are a couple weeks old, will get some better ones once a few more jobs are finished.

PC190003_zpsa47b0d77.jpg

IMAG0015_zps337d6c08.jpg

IMAG0187_zps3826044b.jpg

IMAG0325_zps9bb53f0b.jpg

IMAG0394_zps04e47b96.jpg

IMAG0396_zps291913d3.jpg

IMAG0398_zpsc1c9e1f5.jpg

IMAG0412_zpsd3bd8062.jpg

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
how did you set the garage on fire lol?

Dont blame you for using a ford engine, Holden six's dont like the corners too much.

lemusa

Unmotivated Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
there was an old bed base up against the wall which the grinder gave to much loving. Sucks cos now Im extremely paranoid when grinding and welding! The falcon choice actually came from being cheaper. Holdens seems a bit more effort to get the carb running happy on them, that and the car was already setup for falcon so saved a new firewall. One day Id love to have a holden but for now I need to get what ive got going. You got a stocky by any chance? NZ's tomorrow can't wait.

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
nah but I know someone the sponsors them. I went and watched once, bloody good show I love the super stocks! I wouldn't mind getting a dirty old Vn and making a street stock, but thats as far as I would go with the sport.