Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

///Stockies G6ET

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Well after long silent awkwardness....

I don't know.
Few things happening to the G6ET for the Port Melbourne meet.
An AirStrike - Cos I KNOW your hovering around - Do your gauges use a adapter plate on the Oil filter? (and yes electronic gauges FTW)
Yeah mechinal won't fit in the gauge pod (boost included).
Yeah mate I run a sandwich plate on the filter housing for the two sensors.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Yeah mechinal won't fit in the gauge pod (boost included).
Yeah mate I run a sandwich plate on the filter housing for the two sensors.

Cheers for that mate, I know you can fit the gauges without using a sandwich plate - But I CBF with stuffing around with adapters and fittings.
And, yeah there's no excuse for not using a electrical gauge in this day and age. You'd have to be pretty special (Or cheap) to use one.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I went this way so that all the factory sensors weren't touched.
Few people have had issues with fault codes/CEL when playing with the factory sensors.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Yeah, so I've heard.
And sometimes the sandwich plate leaks. So, damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Buy a good quality one, mines a speed flow from memory, and run some Teflon tape on the thread. Had no problems with mine.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
So, was waiting to show ya'll at the Port Melb meet last Saturday - but hardly anyone rocked up. So things that have been happening:
1) Slim line plate at the front - Yeah I know not really a mod but makes the front end look 100x better.

2) Lower! SSL front and SSSL rears. Looks great, can't really tell it's been lowered until you park it next to standard FG

3) Got rid of the homospec 18" wheels for a genuine set of 19" Lux G6E wheels. - Really makes the car look the part, all G6ET's should have had them from factory like the MK2's.
Putting these wheels on has probably been the best thing I've done to it thus far.

Pictures to come later!

Jonesy484

OfficialChadyMeetOrganisr
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE 2 SSV REDLINE WAGON
Looked really great stockies!

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Thanks Jonesy.
I did like your new ute as well - it needs moar low though...

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
How does is ride on the new springs? Keen to see some more pictures.

Rides fine. Standard shocks too. Can't even really tell it's lowered by the "road feel" unless its a dirt or really crap road. I'll get some pictures up tonight (If I remember) I have some with the 18's still on it so you should be able to compare it to your XR6. Looked much better when I put the 19's on it though.

If you do lower your XR6, remember you will have to get shims in the front to adjust for camber wear, the rear is fully adjustable from factory. Oh, and if you thought the front was low on yours, wait till you have to park anywhere near one of those concrete blocks at the end of a car space.... It'll be about level with the lower mesh grill.