Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

///Stockies G6ET

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Tas has been active recently. PM him.

Yeah I saw, don't really wanna bother the man with something I could find/replace/fix if I could be bothered.
Only asking his help, if he pops back into this thread.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Ok, got home from work at a reasonable time tonight. Thought I'd try and figure out the "beeping" on lock issue.
Thoughts were - Its a sensor thats being triggered due to a faulty connection/diode. Or the wiring is faulty under the dash.

Started pulling the car apart for the diodes Tas hid. Found one on the input zone wire that according to my multimeter was faulty.
This little bastard however, is tucked up under all the wires and **** under the steering column and Tas must have been a ninja in a past life...

Damn it was a prick to get to.

So, thinking that would be the ideal one to fault, I made this little baby to replace it:

I was thinking, if it ever fails again - it'll be 100% easier to replace.
(yes the red heat shrink is so I can tell the polarity)

After installing it, and paying close attention to polarity - its not the culprit FML.

Found another diode in the boot, multimeter says faulty (now I'm just cluing on that because its still connected in the circuit - its going to have minimal voltage on either side) - replace said diode....
Its not, car still beeps when locking.

Cracked the shits, went inside - started making dinner.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
After installing it, and paying close attention to polarity - its not the culprit FML.

Update:
Should have actually paid attention to this, instead of just writing it.....
May have to slow down on the beers...

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Update 2:
Finally fixed it!!! Wasn't the diodes fault after all. The glass break sensor had decided to give up. Explains why the alarm went off at 2:30am all those weeks ago. It triggered the input and since then has been trying to tell me its broke....
Swapped the module from the ute in, Presto! no more beeps! Red light back on when armed. Happy days.

Only bummer is that I had to enter the "no go zone" which is the drivers side kick panel.....
For those that haven't heard of the "abortion" that is my kick panel, its a mess and maze of wire looms, all taped, some with foam to stop it from rattling and some that plainly just don't do anything anymore, but are still connected....

Everyone that touches that area always passes some sort of comment, and its not something I'm proud of - but I'm still not gonna fix it whilst I can still get the cover on.

Exhibit A:

And just for good measure, this is the other side:

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Good news mate, one less thing to piss you off :) that kick panel is an abortion, but plastic covers are a godsend!

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Good news mate, one less thing to piss you off :) that kick panel is an abortion, but plastic covers are a godsend!

Yeah, its rekindled my love for it. That kick panel though - that photo was after I had cleaned up the wiring a little, there's a shitload that's now under the carpet never to be seen again.
The second photo is where all the stereo, satnav, gauges and other stuff is wired to. Its heaps cleaner, but I have NFI what that red wire is that randomly kamikaze'ing through the photo does :hmmm:

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Thanks mate, Took it out for a lap once it was all done - soon as boost hit - I fell in love with it again

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Update - Paid rego on it so its here for another year (barely) Even managed to give it a quick wash last night.

Although - If anyone knows of a VN V8 Calais in good nick (white preferred) let me know!

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
I'll keep a lookout for you. Budget in mind?