Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stolen Bumper

mongoose3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
I can't believe this! I get to my car this afternoon, Click on the alarm remote to disarm it as I approach and it beeps at me 4 times to indicate the alarm has gone off - 1st time ever. So, I go to get into my car and that's when I notice that my front bumper is gone! Some total loser has, in broad daylight, got under my car, unbolted my front bumper and stolen it with the car alarm probably blasting away. Anyway, I have reported it to the police and informed them of some unique identifying features of the bumper.

I would be grateful if anyone, particularly Canberrans, could keep an eye out for someone selling a complete front bumper for an 89 VN or a VN that they have seen suddenly scoring a new bumper. My bumper is the standard grey type and one of the distinguishing features is a hole and impression left by a tow bar. The police are aware of the rest. If you do see anything please pm me or email me at [email protected]. I will treat all email privately.

If per chance the person who stole my bumper reads this forum I will not press charges for the return of my bumper. But, if I see my bumper on another car (i get around a lot and have a keen eye) I will press charges.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
geez man, thats a bit rough! why the hell would someone do that for, thats just rediculous. did they break into your car or just flog the bumper?
and how wouldnt anyone have noticed some dude unbolting it and walking off with a car bumper...damn!

YMY-88U

Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VH SL/E
man thats heaps slack for someone to steal a stock bumper or any bumper for that matter... i dont drive much as im stil in school, but i will definently be keepin a eye out for it

FadeToBlack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais L67
Damn man, it's unbeleivable how brazen some people are.

R Photon

I Like Bresciani Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Commodore
far out dude never heard about somebody wanting a stock bumper...bad luck dude hopefully you get it back in the condition it was taken...

mongoose3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
Yep, I'm still amazed why someone would want to steal a stock bumper from an old Executive VN. I was almost hoping it was someone's idea of a joke. I can see the funny side to it. The police had never heard of someone doing this and were slightly amused as well. So, much for car alarms. I'm glad I also use a steering wheel lock and "Full Metal Jacket" on the ingnition switch. Otherwise I guess the whole car could have gone. Then again, there was no obvious attempt to open the car. Whoever did this knew what they wanted and how to get it. After all they would have had to have had to have the right size spanners on them and know which bolts to remove. I'm guessing it was some VN owner low on cash or even a wrecker/panel beater. I just hope someone owns up before I find it.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
Ramdom.. maybe ill have to secure my new bumper a little bit more special...

hmmm, dont like your chances of getting it back though

aZK.

S

Sorak

That really sucks dude... Sounds like midnight spares...

I had a similar thing happen to me a couple of years back. After going to get in my car after a night at my girlfriends house I discovered an entire taillight was missing from my XF ute. The screws were sitting in the gutter and all the wiring was intact...

I definitely made sure I installed the padlock when I bought a new Tonneau...