Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stolen/Dumped vu ute

wato44

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ute
Hello All,
Thought here was as good a place as any. Has anyone had their vu ute stolen in the last couple of months? There has been one left in the street behind me for roughly that long, its locked up but has plenty spider webs hanging off it. I did a plate check and the plates don't match the vehicle its on, it should say a holden ute etc but says suzuki barina, so good assumption its been stolen. I guess my next step is to call the police or council. If someone has had their ute stolen and can identify their car ill email them where it is

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Just call the police mate - they'll investigate and inform the owner. If not picked up by owner it'll be sent to a wrecking yard.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Just call the police mate - they'll investigate and inform the owner. If not picked up by owner it'll be sent to a wrecking yard.

wato44…… You appear to be a concerned, good citizen.

But I wish it was that simple, our area is a dumping ground for cars, usually on well trafficked roads.
The vehicle is dumped with plates, then the plates disappear, and windows get smashed, then bits and pieces like wheels and doors go, then it gets put on it’s side, then burned. Then some police tape is put around the remains, and it then sits there for a couple of weeks before ‘somebody’ takes the mess away.
Could take up to 6 weeks from beginning to end. The Council knows, but can’t do anything until proper procedures, practices and bullshit have been complied with.
Why ? If the registered owner can’t be found promptly, 'somebody' just get rid of the bloody eyesore.

Aussie Trev

Reaction score
Members Ride
2 by VX Acclaim Wagon Series II 2001 & 2002
The police will be able to track the rightful owner via the VIN number so yep, call the boys in blue.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Notifying police is the only action to take. Even if not stolen, they can check records for last registered owners of the plates and VIN and find out why the wrong plates are on the car and why it's been left where it is. The fake plates are a serious issue as they raise a number of possibilities of illegal activity.

wato44

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ute
The police will be able to track the rightful owner via the VIN number so yep, call the boys in blue.
ill go around and grab the vin cause the plates won't help. Its a nice ute too nothing smashed or broken and straight as, be a shame to see it go to a wrecker cause theres a lot of good parts. By funny coincidence its identical to a ute i bought three weeks ago, thats what brought my attention to it. Ill give the police a call

wato44

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ute
The constabulary have been informed! Interesting to see how long it stays there

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
ill go around and grab the vin cause the plates won't help. Its a nice ute too nothing smashed or broken and straight as, be a shame to see it go to a wrecker cause theres a lot of good parts. By funny coincidence its identical to a ute i bought three weeks ago, thats what brought my attention to it. Ill give the police a call
The plates will help.. They don't belong on that car but they belong on another. The owner/s of the car and the plates might have some explaining to do.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
In my neck of the woods, providing the car hasn't been wrecked (which is generally what happens anyways), they get towed by the council and a notice is put in the paper advising of them being sold, if the owner doesn't cough up the dough for the impound fees

Aussie Trev

Reaction score
Members Ride
2 by VX Acclaim Wagon Series II 2001 & 2002
In my neck of the woods some hoons stole a 4x4, used it to mow down roadsigns and eventually hit something big, left it in the middle of the (dirt, country) road and burnt it. I reported it to police, they came and put tape on it and later the council came and just pushed it off the road into the bush with a FEL. It is still sitting there over a month later.