Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stolen Toranas!

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Back in the 90's ,my brother owned a HJ Monaro( which I later owned). He just spent 10k on engine and gearbox rebuild and it sat at the side of his house till he could afford rego. One night it got pinched and that was it. Never to be seen again. He was totally heartbroken. 8 months later while he was driving a taxis around Parramatta, he saw a Monaro like his for sale out the front of a house. He pulled over and walked up to it to have a look. The "owner" came out so my brother asked him some general questions about the car. Asked him what he wanted for it etc... He wrote the vin number down. Told the guy he will be back later with some cash and a car trailer. My brother rang his wife to get the rego details of his stolen Monaro. Sure enough. It was his car! Rang the cops and they raided the guys house. They found Monaro's, SLR Toranas and GT Falcon's out the back all stripped and guttered. His car was the one stolen that was untouched and it had only been driven 200kms so the motor still wasn't run in.. Got it back and years later I bought it off him. Would have to be one of the dumbest car thieves.
Good to hear that you guys got the Monaro back...