Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stone Chip Advice

cunners3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VSII Wagon
Hi All,

My VS has quite a badly chipped bonnet as the last guy that owned it lived in the snow...
I've tried the expensive polishes with the lipstick touch up thing etc but it doesn't seem to have made much difference...
Is my only option a respray of the bonnet?? If so, how much would I expect to pay??
Cheers guys!
:thumbsup:

mike_is_bored316

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES II
i have a clubsport front bumper with shitloads of stone chips in it, its irritating, i tried touch up paint but it doesnt cover them well enough i have afew bonnet chips too, i got a full respray worth 3k not long ago so im not happy.
im guessing for a bonnet respray it would be big bucks, at least 500 i'd say its probably not worth it

semmi

Reaction score
i have a very similar problem...

i got a quote to respray my bonnet for $800 which included respraying the side guards as well to match the metallic paint... needless to say i'm getting another quote!

J

JakeAA

semmi said:
i have a very similar problem...

i got a quote to respray my bonnet for $800 which included respraying the side guards as well to match the metallic paint... needless to say i'm getting another quote!

i got quoted 1100 for a new bonnet resprayed both sides fitted ne badges etc etc and all and i thought that was dear. to get yur front body kit sprayed should only cost 150 at the most.