Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stone's 06 VE V8 Calais-V

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
I had the extractors, cats and OTR CAI fitted and a tune yesterday... Results below.

I'll have to make another exhaust video as it sounds quite different now with the extractors and cats :)

20101201dynom.jpg

VooDooWagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SSV Sportwagon M6
Are you getting any vibration through the cabin with the 1 3/4" headers? Whats the clearance like with the left cat to the body?

I'm having a few issues with my 1 3/4" Pacies. Chev is changing them to 1 7/8" this Friday.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
I haven't noticed anything... What is the vibration like? Major? At idle? Driving? WOT?

I can't see under the car to check clearance of the cat, sorry.

I bought bare cats so they needed to make the piping and flanges so maybe the made sure the cats were nowhere that they could vibrate.

VooDooWagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SSV Sportwagon M6
It's not major. It only happens at WOT from 3000rpm upwards.

Normal driving it's not an issue. If you have different cats Gary would've made sure you don't have any issues.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Nice car Stone :thumbsup:

I was expecting to see pics of a massive audio setup inside the car - given that you are the guru over on the Car Audio section lol...

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Maybe one day... I've sort of got over the installing side of things and I'm too tight to pay someone so much for something I could do :p

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
A couple of updates... Got a small 219/224 113LSA cam fitted. I went small because I do 100km a day and wanted to still be decent on fuel. I'm getting a fluttering noise like turbulence inside the exhaust so I need to sort that out and then I post up a proper video.

Here's a video of the exhaust the night before getting the cam fitted.
Cold start - Full exhaust, headers, cats, tune. I think I put the camera a bit close as it sounds funny.

And new Dyno sheet. Not big power gains but it's much more responsive and sounds better :D
20110323081507748_0001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: