Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stone's 06 VE V8 Calais-V

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Next time I'll pull over if I'm being tailgated at night... I don't want to play stupid games with police.

Thanks Juzo.

I'm not sure if I should get it tested 'as is' and most likely fail, then have it corrected for a second test... Or just change it over for the first test and make sure I pass first time.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Love to hear a vid of the zorst post cam:whistling

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
I'll see what I can do...

[edit]
Just took a video and it sounds like ****. I took it back to be tuned on Monday to get rid of an exhaust flutter sound. It seemed like we got rid of it but just then recording it was back and as bad as ever :( Why couldn't my cam just work right like everyone else's.

Also, my expensive Philips HID kit only turns on one side now and then but my cheap dodgy high beams work every time... So much for buying a quality product.

Last edited:

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Hey mate,
I've missed your car until now, its a great looking car, must be beautiful to cruise in. Wheels really suit it.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Thanks.

Not really that happy with it. Cam sounds crap when the engine is cold. Can barely tell there's a cam in it when it's warm. Transmission is unpredictable when it will change and how hard it will change. Getting all sorts of rattles and clunks from the rear suspension... Apparently, Tyrepower can't tell which of the many bushes are failing yet. So I have to drive around with a clunky rear end until the bush is stuffed enough for them to tell. Kinda wish I had my old VT Berlina back :hmmm:

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Thanks.

Not really that happy with it. Cam sounds crap when the engine is cold. Can barely tell there's a cam in it when it's warm. Transmission is unpredictable when it will change and how hard it will change. Getting all sorts of rattles and clunks from the rear suspension... Apparently, Tyrepower can't tell which of the many bushes are failing yet. So I have to drive around with a clunky rear end until the bush is stuffed enough for them to tell. Kinda wish I had my old VT Berlina back :hmmm:

Sorry to hear that mate. As much as I hate Pedders, their $14 Suspension check is unbeatable. If you have an un-diagnosed problem, one of their checks may be good, then you can get the required parts and fix it yourself, or have a 3rd party mechanic who you trust fix the problem. I don't have any first hand experience with VE's myself.
Any stereo plans coming into fruition? :p

HUX 90

POSION VE SS UTE
Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS UTE
Would it be wise to replace all the rear bushes with an aftermaker brand or would it be too expensive?

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
I'm not sure. I'll be asking that when I take it back in a few weeks.