Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stone's 06 VE V8 Calais-V

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
16' VF2 Redline, 17' VF2 GTS
Thanks.

Not really that happy with it. Cam sounds crap when the engine is cold. Can barely tell there's a cam in it when it's warm. Transmission is unpredictable when it will change and how hard it will change. Getting all sorts of rattles and clunks from the rear suspension... Apparently, Tyrepower can't tell which of the many bushes are failing yet. So I have to drive around with a clunky rear end until the bush is stuffed enough for them to tell. Kinda wish I had my old VT Berlina back :hmmm:

You've got what is considered to be a baby cam, ive got a friend who has the same spec as yours in his ve ss ute & it sounds like what you've described when warm(sounds fine when cold also). I take you run the stock stall? ive got a 2800stall in mine & the auto shifts perfectly & has only hesitated once, have you spoken with chev in regards with the issues you've had? all the issues that i had were rectified straight away without any issues, as for the suspension go see the guys @ Protek tyres in oakleigh as they've done numorous ve's so will be able to sort out the issue.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Yeah, I went back many times and finally just got sick of complaining about the stupid fluttering noise from the exhaust. He spent hours retuning and got rid of the fluttering with a warm engine but also made the cam sound disappear. It still flutters when cold though. I hate complaining about things so I'm just putting up with it.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Stereo? :D Audison Bit Ten is out! Supposed to be a lot cheaper than the Bit One, would be awesome for a nice simple install.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
No stereo... I still have my Boston Pros and Boston Z6s and a few different subs but the speakers are too power hungry to do a little install :(

scott w

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS and 2010 CX captiva
gday mate , i have a 2009 ve ss m6 , i fitted the 3" pre slc kpm system and was happy with it even if it was loud , i then fitted the vcm 7 cam and the car was unbearable to drive up the main street LOUD WAS AN UNDER STATEMENT so i sold the 3" and fitted one of the 2.5" slc systems and straight away i have this flutter your describing at idle .
when i first started the car up i was sure the mufflers were rattling , but they seem to have stopped that and now i just have this flutter at idle , i contacted kpm and are going to get them to check the exhaust in a couple of weeks when im in adelaide to get tune touched up on dyno .
im pissed off as the car sounded great at idle before and now i have this fluttering noise that sounds awfull , its sound fine while driving , but i miss the nice cammy note at idle .

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Sounds exactly the same as my issue. My tune managed to tune it out at idle but that was when the engine was warm... It still flutters and sounds shithouse when cold. So whenever I start it in public when it's cold, it's just embarrassing :(

scott w

Reaction score
Members Ride
what did chev say , is this normal for the 2.5" , have listened to a few on u tube and are starting to get the picture it is .
starting to think i should have kept the 3" but around town it was just too loud , not happy with it like it is

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
He said he'd never heard it before... He spent ages with me tuning it out but as soon as I started it cold the next morning the noise was there. I'd been back so many times for various things I just felt like a whinger going back again, especially when I'd get there with a warm engine and couldn't show him the issue.

scott w

Reaction score
Members Ride
no good spending big dollars on something and not being 100% happy with it , im 450ks from adelaide and kpm want to see the car before they exhange anything if its the mufflers and in the mean time i am putting up with something thats isnt what i thought i was getting .
far from impressed , with what i spent and lost on the first exhaust and with the new one i have spent almost $6000