Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

stooged?

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
hey guys looking over my VR commodore the other day with a panel beater, as i crashed it, he told me my from bar and boot had been replaced, when i bought the car i was told it hadnt been crashed now the front bars starting to flake off like its hit something(im thinking a kangaroo or something) maybe the boot rusted? the rest of the cars in really good condition, do you guys think ive been stooged or are the VR and VS boots the same?

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
its a 14 year old car, very high chance its been in a accident, did the old owners have it since new??? maybe they meant they have not crashed it, doesnt mean the other owners have not,.

our vs we owned since new, and sold it at the start of the year, that car was imacualte and didnt have a mark on the paint.

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Pretty hard question to answer i suppose because anything is possible if you dont know the complete history of the car. Parts could have been replaced for many reasons other than a substantial accident. How has it been determined that the boot is a replacement? Different paint underneath? Genuine vr and vs boots are physically identical, with the only difference being in the holes to mount the lion badge. vr boots have the two holes perfectly vertical whereas a vs boot has the holes on an agle (top hole to the drivers side of the centre axis and bottom hole to the passenger side of centre axis). If you look inside the boot lid where the badge pins protrude you will see what I mean. A non-genuine boot typically does not have holes drilled to mount the badge.

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
Pretty hard question to answer i suppose because anything is possible if you dont know the complete history of the car. Parts could have been replaced for many reasons other than a substantial accident. How has it been determined that the boot is a replacement? Different paint underneath? Genuine vr and vs boots are physically identical, with the only difference being in the holes to mount the lion badge. vr boots have the two holes perfectly vertical whereas a vs boot has the holes on an agle (top hole to the drivers side of the centre axis and bottom hole to the passenger side of centre axis). If you look inside the boot lid where the badge pins protrude you will see what I mean. A non-genuine boot typically does not have holes drilled to mount the badge.

thanks for the info mate ill have a look went i get it back tomorrow

the collector

the collector
Reaction score
Members Ride
rodeo dual cab
stooged

should have got the car checked out before you bought it if youre worried about that sort of thing for a older car???
could have been smashed prior to the people you bought it from bought it?
thats prolly why it was sold in the first place because it was damaged.
get it on a hoist and have a good look instead of guessing and asking everyones opinions
good luck
cheers