Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Straight exhaust?

Peter89

Reaction score
Members Ride
'90 S1 VN 3.8L A4 Wagon
I'm a cheap bastard and do want a spend anything on a fancy exhaust :p i thinking of just putting a 2.5" straight cat back on my VN V6. anyone done this before? how would i go above doing it? how loud can i expect it to be? but i don't need you preaching all the road laws, i know them :(. i know the performance gain would be minimal but my current exhaust sounds like crap, the muffler rattles and its pissing me off.

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
do you mean just a striaght pipe from your cat with no bends . . what about mufflers

leigh 7005

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sle
ive heard vn with no cat and no rear muffler but still got the one before diff not to loude

OnLiA6

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS 3.8
wouldnt sound to bad but would be louder... i was told a easy fix is to remove the rear muffler, my mate has a stock VZ with stock exhaust, he removed the rear muffler and i tell u wat sounds better than wat it did before..food for thought

freddie142

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
my vn has no muffler and sounds alright but it rattles but that is because it isnt mounted properly. It is loud enough for me i supose. but to each is own.

Daniel.B

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec S2 3.8
wouldnt sound to bad but would be louder... i was told a easy fix is to remove the rear muffler, my mate has a stock VZ with stock exhaust, he removed the rear muffler and i tell u wat sounds better than wat it did before..food for thought

As in just cutting the muffler itself at the end off completely????

Peter89

Reaction score
Members Ride
'90 S1 VN 3.8L A4 Wagon
a straight pipe from after the cat, still want the cat those fines are very pricey. no muffler or resonator and not stupid half hoop bend, direct as possible without having to change much. going under the axle an option?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
You can get a lukey 2.5 inch straight though system for like 20 bucks at the wreckers :)

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Do you think the bends would cause a restriction on a VN V6? You're living in Lala land....