Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Straight gas system for high performance 355 stroker - fuel system advice needed

Darran76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
I have a VH Commodore with a strong 355 stroker in it. I am currently trying to sort out my fuel system for the car and am at a loss on what to do. The big issue I have is I need to get it registered here in VIC, but the car does not have the pollution gear as I can not mount an egr on a Harrop high rise manifold that suits VN heads and I can't seem to find a manifold to suit thos heads that does. I was thinking of going a fuel injection top, however some people are telling me I still need all the pollution gear applicable to that model car ie, egr, etc. Didn't thing VN V8 injected engines ran a egr on the manifold??

So i am guessing LPG or vapour injection is my only option to get around all this. Only thing is, who fits gas in melbourne for wild v8 engines? I don't want to be stuck with pox system that doesn't work with the engine. I have looked at the gas reseach stuff, but will twin converters for the twin throttle body system be enough to suit an engine making about 500hp?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. I would prefer to go the most cost effective option without compromising performance too much. Keeping in mind I need to road register the vehicle in VIC.

Aussiepride5L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Ute
I'd look at LPG injection. Type in lpg injection holden 5Lite in google search engine and it'll bring up a list of whats out. I think Ive seen lpg australia as well where they'll send you industry advice to your application. I know Germany created the first gas liquid injection out and is available for Fords, and runs at slightly higher octain as well due to the liquid injection. Im about to find someone to build me a 355 stroker as well. How much did your engine cost?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Check these guys out for info, they are over here in WA but there is a lot of info on their site that will inspire you.

RageLPG.com.au: Home