Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Straight through exhaust question

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VS Executive 3.8L
Hey guys, ive already pulled the rear resonator ff the standard exhaust, and i like how it sounds
theres just one problem. whenever it gets over 3000 rpm and my foots in a fair way, it whistles like a jumbo jet.
ive heard that it is the flexi pipe exhaust, and so im contemplating removing it. is this true?

also, im also thinking about getting the center muffler pulled off too. just to give the note a bit of roughness. has anyone done or know of someone who has done this?
thanks

jharv58

jharv58
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive s1
im nt sure abt the standard having a flexi pipe mine didnt. just go to the wreckers and look for a cat back sports exhaust its alot cheaper then buying a new one and it sounds good i even found my pacemakers at a wreckers

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
Hey guys, ive already pulled the rear resonator ff the standard exhaust, and i like how it sounds
theres just one problem. whenever it gets over 3000 rpm and my foots in a fair way, it whistles like a jumbo jet.
ive heard that it is the flexi pipe exhaust, and so im contemplating removing it. is this true?

also, im also thinking about getting the center muffler pulled off too. just to give the note a bit of roughness. has anyone done or know of someone who has done this?
thanks
wouldnt expect any change froma cheap catback setup such as redback. If you want true pickups go a full system from a reputable shop matched to a tune

jharv58

jharv58
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive s1
shouldn't need a tune iv done the hole exhaust on mine and it is fine but it is a vr not a vs so im not sure it just sounds like a lot of money down the drain for nothing

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
tune does help....but if its bucks thats stopping you just do what you pocket allows,,,,if we all had the cash we would be driving rockets lol cheers champ. good luck
shouldn't need a tune iv done the hole exhaust on mine and it is fine but it is a vr not a vs so im not sure it just sounds like a lot of money down the drain for nothing

jharv58

jharv58
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive s1
haha its not my post lol just putting in my 2 cents

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
haha its not my post lol just putting in my 2 cents

ok ,,,,,,id still tune it though, but hay thats just me....vrrooooooom lol cheeers

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
sure is,makes sence as the tune from gmh was made for the stock exh,,,,so if your to change it i would get a tune>but as i said that me>>> lol not alll the same
yeah nuthin wrong with a good tune haha