Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Strange indicator light problem - advice please

oparke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
Hi,

I have a strange problem with my VX Commodore S1 indicator I would like some help with. Both indicators work correctly until I turn on the headlights - then the left indicator stays on without flashing. The right indicator continues to work and the left will work again once I turn off the lights. Clearly this is a dangerous situation to be in at night.

I figure it must be wiring or fuse related but my car knowledge is not great. Don't have time to get to an auto electrician - so any advice or tips would be greatly appeciated.

Cheers,
Ollie

Zarconia

Outrageous Fondler
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 R8 Maloo
o_O First ive ever heard of this one. Youd have to make time to take it to an auto lekky mate. Coppers see that and they'll slip you a canary

Crewmanss 06

Reaction score
Members Ride
ss Thunder crewman
Hi you could have a bad earth in the left hand wiring harness had same problem with a customers car found it had a bad earth repaired it & all good

southaussie

Family Guy
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VT Executive 97
Check this:
this is another possability as the ( dash illumination / Parkers ) light up the hazard switch and it could be wobbly pins shorting illumination pins with hazards / (indicator) pins... very common !

remove dash facia
removed hazard button
remove plug
look in back of button
check the pins make sure they are all straight
when you connect plugs back in turn plug, most pins at top and jiggle it in.
(Gravity) the bottom row with less pins tends to me more wobbly
if there is any resistance dont push
if it is easy its most likely in the right spot !

Attachments

• info hazard.jpg
    info hazard.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 196

LOWS2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina 5.7
Hi,

I have a strange problem with my VX Commodore S1 indicator I would like some help with. Both indicators work correctly until I turn on the headlights - then the left indicator stays on without flashing. The right indicator continues to work and the left will work again once I turn off the lights. Clearly this is a dangerous situation to be in at night.

I figure it must be wiring or fuse related but my car knowledge is not great. Don't have time to get to an auto electrician - so any advice or tips would be greatly appeciated.

Cheers,
Ollie

Hi mate,

Just wondering if you fixed the problem on your VX? I am having the same problem at the moment with the left indicator staying on intermittently when i switch my headlights on, i am thinking it is a bad earth as when i go over bumps that is when it flicks on and off but had probs with my hazard light switch before so could be that as well.

Cheers

insane1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn exec
just had same thing happen to a vr exec
done normal things like check fuses and relays...still there
hmm checked for front+ back earth...still there
solved problem by looking at wires that plug into headlight -turns out loose connector...give a wriggle all fine now
rob

LOWS2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina 5.7
thanks for the reply, could be a loose wire as i have aftermarket HID kit installed