Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Strange Noise - Vents?

The X Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES II SV6 SIDI
I have a VE Series II and almost every 2 to 3 days i hear this very loud "pop" noise from somewhere behind or near the glovebox and can hear something happening in the vents immediately after.

I am pretty sure it happens only when the Air Conditioning is on.

Any ideas?

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
Play with your aircon.. If you hear the noise switching between different settings (Head, Head/Feet, windscreen etc) it's a vent actuator or something similar.. Quite common..

Gokz777

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY09.5 SV6 5sp Auto
I have a VE Series II and almost every 2 to 3 days i hear this very loud "pop" noise from somewhere behind or near the glovebox and can hear something happening in the vents immediately after.

I am pretty sure it happens only when the Air Conditioning is on.

Any ideas?

Sit in the car with the doors closed, turn the ignition (onto accessories) without starting the car. As soon as you turn the ignition hold/push in the rear demister button (square one) for 5-10 seconds. Ignore any noises that you hear. Let the button go, turn off the car, wait 2-3 seconds and turn the car on completely. Hope this works for you