Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Strange phonecall from my Holden Dealer.

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Hi guys, had the car in for it's 3000k service check about 3 weeks ago.

At the time they said all was well and normal.

Today i get a call telling me in a fairly urgent way that my entire radio unit had to be replaced as soon as i could get the car to them.

They say the unit has been faulted and can have implications for other systems within the car. Seems a bit odd to me. Has anyone else had this happen to them

Don't get me wrong, i think it's great that they call.

Just seems a little odd to me.

Cheers from Mike.

mmrdb

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 series 3 Monaro & VF V8 Calais V Wagon
Hi guys, had the car in for it's 3000k service check about 3 weeks ago.

At the time they said all was well and normal.

Today i get a call telling me in a fairly urgent way that my entire radio unit had to be replaced as soon as i could get the car to them.

They say the unit has been faulted and can have implications for other systems within the car. Seems a bit odd to me. Has anyone else had this happen to them

Don't get me wrong, i think it's great that they call.

Just seems a little odd to me.

Cheers from Mike.

Yes it is odd that they contacted you 3 weeks after the fact. Surely they would have noticed the fault when your car was there at the time of the service. I would ring back and double check that your service was not mixed up with someone elses. Cheers.

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Hi mate, double checked that it was our car they were talking about and they assure us that it is our car they also stated our rego number as well just to be really sure.

Cheers mate.

eurekamad94

street kiddo
Reaction score
Members Ride
kitted, tuned, sick pantha VS
hmmmmmm looks to me like maybe they left tools in your car or screwed something up ...... either way still seems a bit odd

mmrdb

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 series 3 Monaro & VF V8 Calais V Wagon
You should still quiz them and ask why they didn't advise you at the time of the service. See how they answer that! Cheers.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
every chance they didn't know at the time. if they knew in advance they wouldn't have sold it that way.
CHances are they have become aware of a fault and your car matches the time or build or whatever they use to determine that it might also have the fault.

failing that they took ages to work out whatever they had seen, or whatever the computer found and alerted them to. get it in and see what they say. chances of "tools being in the car" are pretty low i'd say - but decent advice generally comes with experience.

vess09

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF R8 Clubsport
I just brought a Feb 09 SS and i was just wondering what build date is yours, possibly could be a fault with a certain batch, but would be nice to know your built date being yours only about a month ago went in the 3,000km inspection. Just makes me wonder if mine has the problem also, and yeah, when you do get it in, ask what the fault with it is that is so important

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Hi mate bought mine Jan 09, build date Oct 08.

Cheers guys.

Mike.

vess09

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF R8 Clubsport
Thanks mate, mine might be alright, i just had it in for its first service and they didn't say anything about anything being updated or needing to be replaced so should be ok