Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

strange roadworthy issue

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vp 3.8 with gas new project vn s1 guted strip only
was on the drag car put it into the road car so i can tell what the engine is doing im pickier like that and the km i do it helps and no its not a monster tacho and yes its auto so shoot me for wanting to know what my engine is doing

look i drive by tacho for the most part as i did with my fairlane and my car before that (long distance) either way i dont have to give you a reason why i have one i have it and dont care what anyone sez about it i use mine not just have it to look like a moron ricer and by the way Ozzie if you dont care what your engine is doing at revs id love to see your engine out last mine

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
his cluster has a tacho a stock tacho that looks better and not rice coz its in the cluster:)

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
was on the drag car put it into the road car so i can tell what the engine is doing im pickier like that and the km i do it helps and no its not a monster tacho and yes its auto so shoot me for wanting to know what my engine is doing

look i drive by tacho for the most part as i did with my fairlane and my car before that (long distance) either way i dont have to give you a reason why i have one i have it and dont care what anyone sez about it i use mine not just have it to look like a moron ricer and by the way Ozzie if you dont care what your engine is doing at revs id love to see your engine out last mine

Ozzie has a vt, which has a tacho as stock fitment.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
he said the position was fine

It's quite possible that he's wrong about that :) I've been given incorrect information by police officers (including highway patrols) on numerous occasions. Always do the research yourself :)

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vp 3.8 with gas new project vn s1 guted strip only
thats the point i dont have one stock so i use what i have im on a limited income so 80 + $ for a upgrade cluster dont work bottom line i dont care i use it for what tachos where built for and the day Ozzie pays for a new cluster for it i will stop using a run of the mill tacho

thanks morton and yeh i checked today and against the piller on the drivers side is fine as long as its not chrome

and thanks to all the guys input here about the issue and i dont meen any disrespect about what i said to Ozzie i just get tired of being baged because i cant afford a car thats 10 grand plus

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
u could sell ur tacho to get a new cluster???? there was a fella on here looking to buy one for his project car, ozzies car could be bought for like 5k and thats here in W.A

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
and thanks to all the guys input here about the issue and i dont meen any disrespect about what i said to Ozzie i just get tired of being baged because i cant afford a car thats 10 grand plus

neither can i, but i managed to buy a lvl2 cluster for mine. nor did i pay $80+.

just had a quick look on ebay, theres a few vn/p clusters on there, not one is over $65

it might work for you, but as you found out today, they attract unwanted attention. depending on the cop, next time might see your car with a nice yellow sticker just for looking at him the wrong way.

if you dont care about possibly being pulled over for it again, by all means, leave it there. personally, id keep my eye out for a cheap l2 cluster to drop in. even watch for one with a broken speedo, and just swap the internals from yours.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Just for interest's sakes Rob, you should be able to pick up a L2 cluster for $50 :) I just bought one for a mate's VP wagon that he wanted a tacho on :)

centy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp series 2
I'm sure there is a adr rule about how much someting can be reflective on a vehicle.
I know mirrored window tint is out for the reflection as well as it being to dark, unless it is that crappy and unreflective that you would not want it.

There are many funny little rules.
Like here in QLD a car with SURFACE RUST on any suspension component is unroadworthy.
Yes surface rust.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
My 5 inch tacho comes standard....

DashFacia.jpg