Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

strange stalling then kept going

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Cool thanks Wozza. I will get some contact cleaner from Jaycar tomorrow and clean the DFI plug and also squirt some RP7 on it. DFI was my thinking, CAS wouldn't be old enough to have cracked yet. I think I mentioned it has a slight miss on idle and I don't think a CAS would cause a miss, more so just stop dead, like it did this arvo.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hi mate
as you have done the CAS Id be playing with the plug that go's into the dfi module also the lead thats on the cas...next time it happens give em all a bit of a wiggle and if it starts it will be one of those...the VX did this sort of thing for a while till I replaced the dfi module, cleaned all the pins/sockets on the plug and sprayed contact cleaner on the cas plug...ran fine till it was written off just before xmas :)
This is what l thought too.
Hope you sort it soon.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
This is what l thought too.
Hope you sort it soon.

Thanks Lex, I too hope I can sort it soon. No way I want to block traffic again on a fairly busy road. I was just fortunate it didn't happen on the Bunning's intersection. That road is insanely busy and I drive past it quite a bit. I thought I was going home in a flatbed this arvo.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks Lex, I too hope I can sort it soon. No way I want to block traffic again on a fairly busy road. I was just fortunate it didn't happen on the Bunning's intersection. That road is insanely busy and I drive past it quite a bit. I thought I was going home in a flatbed this arvo.
Looked up your code 46. To do with cas. 46 Crank angle reference signal (engine will not start).
So maybe wiring, plugs, or a dud cas sensor.
Look at plugs & wiring first.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Ohhh that sux I don't have a tool to remove the balancer. Hopefully it's just a plug. I have found Delphi sensors are no longer as reliable as they used to be. So it could well be a dud CAS.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
It definitely has miss on idle. I suspect it is related.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'm thinking it might pay to order a new DFI next week and fit it regardless. No idea how old the unit is that I have in the car at the present. Plus this miss is fairly new and I really think it's either coil or DFI related.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm thinking it might pay to order a new DFI next week and fit it regardless. No idea how old the unit is that I have in the car at the present. Plus this miss is fairly new and I really think it's either coil or DFI related.
When l change dfi, l change the coils too.
I just go to wreckers for them now.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I have a link to some high voltage Gorst coils at $100 a set inc del, might order those next week as well. I have read people having issues with the plug. Wondering if I need to book it in and have the plug checked out before I start fitting new parts? I wouldn't know how to test the plug other than clean it, squirt some RP7 on the contacts and refit it.