Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

strange stalling then kept going

Discussion in 'VR - VS Holden Commodore (1993 - 1997)' started by losh1971, Feb 5, 2019.

1. lwessel

lwessel Active Member

Members Ride:
    VR Statesman sII 5ltr 1995 & VE SS V8 Commodore
    Yeah true but i put my details of car in as you can see from first pic and it said it would fit my car wasnt havin a stab at ya just letting @losh1971 know

2. Tonner Matt

Tonner Matt Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
    It's all good.....I didn't interpret your post as if you were :)

I presume that you and losh1971 have communicated somewhere else on the forum from his comment "I assumed you too had a V6"

Can I politely suggest that in the future to avoid any confusion between yourself and other members, that if you want to respond to a specific member that you quote one of their posts and reply
    Explains why I had no idea what you were on about and replied with "It's different to the plug on your 5 litre ? ? ? ? ? ?" when you've quoted my post and your reply was actually meant for another member

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    lwessel likes this.
  3. losh1971

losh1971 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    Ute is currently at the mech's workshop getting diagnosed. Funny thing is the issue has not reappeared since the RACT wiggled plugs and poured water on things. I have left the code up in case he wants to run his scan tool. I'm leaning towards an issue with the DFI plug. Since I would have thought if it were DFI module it would have stopped and probably not got going again. I also think if it was the CAS it would have stopped more often in the hot weather than it did. Also considering it's not a very old sensor I'm thinking it's unlikely to be a failing CAS.
    I will pop up the answer once I hear back from the mech later this arvo. That is if he can actually figure out what cause it to stall. If he can't I will clean the plug and fit a new DFI in the next month or so just to be safe.

4. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    Mech checked the DFI plus and all looks good. FPR was working fine as it should. He cleared the history of old codes that obviously I can not as they are nearly a year old and no longer showing up. He said he could not ascertain what the problem was. So basically I need to just drive it and either hope I am in mob range and can get the vehicle towed to him to sort or hope that I can get it started again. Guess the go is to buy a new DFI to have on hand. Apparently the engine is running sweet, so my interpretation of a miss is actually just me, it must be the way the Buick V6s are. In saying that the miss was not bad I just thought it wasn't quite running perfect. So in other words the miss was all in my head.....:oops: And there I guess lies the problem with the VR V6 these cutting out issues are not always easily diagnosed until they have total failure......

5. 1985VK

1985VK Active Member

Members Ride:
    VK SL
    I hope the check by the mechanic did not cost you a cheque ...

6. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    Only 60 bucks. I was thinking $100. Saved me $120-$130 as I thought my FPR might have been shot, turns out it's fine. So not going to replace it now.

VS_Pete likes this.