Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Strange Vy v6 driver window

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Strange one this .

I replaced the fuse, circuit and relay. Just can't find the driver relay according to my wiring diagram .

Window will go up with switch just not down.

Will only go down if I disconnect the harness and hook the motor up to the battery by reversing the polarity.

Digi meter has 12v in harness going up or down via switch.

I can feel the bcm click.

Ideas? Bypass wiring? The switch circuit board?

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Looking at the diagram i have, they have all the windows powered off 1 relay, the relay isnt fused on the supply it has a circuit breaker. It has a fuse for relay control.

The BCM is controlling the front motors by switching the earth and positive around on 1 side. Rears are fully electric with no electronic controls.

To test, see what the Green/orange wire has just sitting there. Might have to check a working window to see what it is meant to be because this doesnt say but i think it should be open or earth.
When pulling up the Green/Orange wire should switch to negative polarity and the Blue/white wire should supply positive.

If there is no Positive its the switch, if the Green/Orange does not go to negative its the BCM.

If no Negative:
Could be a break in the 'UP' sense wire to the bcm, to test; remove connector X4 which is the biggest one on BCM.

Find pin 14 and stick a multimeter in it and test for 12v when holding the switch up. If 12v present at the BCM, it has a failed internal component making it unable to switch over the motor wire polarity. (Im pretty sure they have a changeover style relay inside but not 100% on that, may be a replaceable part)

If no positive at motor while holding up:

Test switch outputs, probe the blue/white wire at the connector and test. If not 12v out its the switch.

EDIT:
I read the wrong way around, this is for not going up........

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
For not going down,

Blue/White wire should be constant negative power.
Green/Orange should switch to power when pushing the down switch.

If no negative:
Test continuity from Blue/white wire at door loom to the same colour wire at switch, if ok it means the the switch is not earthing the wire. Replace it.

If no positive:

Test for 12v out of switch from the Green/Black wire. If ok, test for 12v in pin 12 at the BCM, plug X4 the biggest one.
If power present, the BCM has failed the internal component allowing it to switch the Green/Orange wire from positive to negative.