Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

~strange~

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Low_VX_Taxi, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Low_VX_Taxi

Low_VX_Taxi Blanned

Members Ride:
    Blundstone boots
    Juss wondering what has been the strangest situation or occurence pplz have experienced or happened to their cars, and no I dont mean ghouls or ghosts :rip: lol

Il give mine:

It was in my 1984 WB statesman, i was driving along at night and a Tawny frog mouthed owl hit the front of my car. I thought I had hit a dog or sumfin (the owl was bloody HUGE). When i pulled over it had ripped off my bonnet emblem and damaged the chrome (caprice) grill, the owl was fine (according to wires) minus a few feathers but the car had bout $600 damage (grille repaired and rechromed original badge [fkn $100!]) Who wouldve thought such a bloody huge car could be axed by an owl? this car could get in a fight with a lamppost and prob win!

2. Rishy

Rishy Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Members Ride:
    2003 Nissan GU Patrol
    probably the wierdest thing that has happened to my car was last year my lcd screen wouldnt light up and all of a sudden last month it came back on.

3. AttaBoy

AttaBoy WTF?!?!

Members Ride:
    VS Acclaim V6
    Problem with my car is that its alway slightly in a different spot from where I originally parked when I come back.

For example on on the 19th jan I it was my B'day so after I had a party, I came home and parked my car in the garage. So next morning I was gonna go out and grab something to bite (Ran out of breakfast at home) so went to my car but its not exactly where I parked - it was about a metre back and and half a metre to the right almost hitting the tool shelf. I had to get in on the passenger side. Weird!! Ever since it never happened.

4. STEALTHY™

STEALTHY™ So Wet For You!

Members Ride:
    VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
    Haha, it was your birthday, so you were probably paro and moved it yourself....j/ks

Something not really, wierd, but wierd timing.

Mate and i were out driving in the hills. then he said 'your not a bad driver'. I said back to him 'were not home yet' and as soon as i said that, the back left wheel came off doing 80, i saw it flying past thru the passenger window....

5. lieos

lieos what ford i didnt see it

brand new $37000 blowing a gearbo *Peugeot quality*

6. BeNoS

BeNoS PROUDLY ON THE PUSHY

Members Ride:
    1000hp trek pushie (on a good day)
    haha thats not really strange thats more common then commodores having oil leaks :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

7. Patrio7

Patrio7 3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.

Members Ride:
    '96 S1 VS Exec
    sounds like a story my mum was saying once, driving with dad and next thing they know the four wheel trailer was next to and running along side the car....... turned out it came off without the chains done up, didnt damage anything though..

the weirdest thing ive had happen in my car? people get in and assume that a exec has a passenger side visor mirror.... strange that.

8. jules

jules we like the bun

Members Ride:
    pimpin
    i had been given a new S2000 to drive and had parked it for lunch. when i returned it had rolled 10 metres down the street. for some reason i didn't leave it in gear.

my stomach dropped a few feet when i saw it, but no damage luckily!

9. JD

JD Donating Member

Members Ride:
    1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
    strangest thing that's happened to me is i went to my sisters house and when i started up my car to leave the indicators wouldn't work, stopped the car, restarted it and they worked fine.

10. lieos

lieos what ford i didnt see it

unfortunatley thats probably about right with the 4 spd auto

11. VRSS

VRSS New Member

Members Ride:
    VX Clubsport R8 6-Speed
    my old VK used to do that, but only when someone else started it.
    it happened when you turned it on and just let go of the key when it fired, the ignition barrel would stay between the 'on' position and the 'start' position. I always turned the key on and then turned it back after it fired i never just let the key go :p
    if you just turned the key back a tiny bit it would have worked :p

12. JD

JD Donating Member

Members Ride:
    1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
    if it happens on this vc ill know what to do now!

13. Misaprop

Misaprop black betty

Members Ride:
    VE SSV
    I had a massive huntsman climb from under the front right wheel arch onto the bonnet, while I was doing 80. It walked around, on the bonnet for a few seconds then went back under the wheel arch... I hate massive spiders.

14. Tasmaniak

Tasmaniak Not a valid input....

Members Ride:
    VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
    hehe....I remember this vividly and I think I've posted it on the forum before.

I had an old Corolla that had seen better days but it only got driven for five mnutes a day. Anyway I was coming home from work one day with a cop car sitting behind me.

As I came around a corner the sun hit me in the eyes so I flipped down my visor. Well, I was wearing a singlet at the time (mid summer) and this dirty huge huntsman dropped off the visor and went straight down my shirt front.

I grabbed the front of my shirt where the spider was and then I just went into complete shock and started swerving all over the road and tried to pull over.

Well, as it happened I spun off the road into the ditch whilst never letting go of my shirt.

So there I am sitting in my car having a goddamned coronary holding onto my shirt and hyperventilating when the cop has pulled up and comes running over to the car. He throws open my door and sees me sitting there clasping my shirt. He obviously thinks I'm having a coronary as well....he calls for a ambulance whilst I'm trying to stop him. He rips my hand from shirt and the spider comes tearing out of my shirt up the side of my neck. The poor cop just freaks right out and pulls his gun....on the spider. I subsequently have another coronary because of the cop pulling the gun and then I swat the fly away.

I get out of my car, light a smoke and the cop asks me for one too. So here we are, two guys leaning against a beat up old corolla both sweating like pigs for different reasons.

Then the ambulance comes flying out of nowhere. Yup, you guessed it, he forgot to cancel the meatwagon. I get lumped with a $700 odd ambulance bill that the cop immediatly agrees to split with me.

There you have it.

15. Bax

Bax Projecting

Members Ride:
    Nothing
    Its not strange but I just remembered a story that a certain relation of mine reluctantly shared a while ago.

They were driving on a fairly decent trip, 600+ km's or something like that, towing a car, on a trailer. Can't really remember why they were towing it, whether it was a purchase or due for repairs.

Somewhere along the highway the trailer jumped ship, took a hard left and left the highway via a large ditch - the car being towed, which I believe was a rav 4 or the likes. Copped quite a bit of damage, quite possibly even a write off.

Strange!

Even better was when he went to the dump, standard box trailer full of leaves and yard scraps. Hooked the trailer up and took off. About 10 minutes later he pulls up at the dump, does a U turn in front of the pile, unclips the seatbelt. Props himself up out of the chair to reverse back watching the trailer. Can't see the trailer!!! Turns out he'd forgotten to do up the chain linkage and it'd jumped off. But where? He drove back exactly where he'd come from, just waiting to come around the next bend to see this box trailer parked into the side of a car somewhere. Or worse yet, into a crowd. But after each corner. Still no trailer. Maybe somebody had picked it up already?

He drove home - and there it was, still in the driveway about 1m from where he originally had it.

Very very lucky. It could have turned out much worse if it'd come off in traffic or around people.

16. AttaBoy

AttaBoy WTF?!?!

Members Ride:
    VS Acclaim V6
    I also had spiders freaking me out while driving. But it was so small, small as a fingernail but big enough to give me a heart attack!!!!

17. -UNKNOWN-

-UNKNOWN- New Member

Members Ride:
    '95 VR S2 BT1 5 Speed, N13 Pulsar Vector
    Was driving (85 Camira!) past the airport (adelaide) when all my lights turn off and car starts to die.. I pulled into the airport lookout/skatepark, got out the car to have a look.. Looked at the front of the car to see an orange glow under it, thried to open the bonnet but forgot to pop it! Ran to the drivers door, popped the hood, opened it and wooof! More oxygen to fire! My battery and bonnet lining was on fire! So I started smacking the fire on the bonnet with my hand and soon after realised it hurts!!! Ran to the boot and got a rag and wacked the fire out with that. After it was out I found that the battery clap had came undone and earthed out on the + terminal! Also while all this was hapening there was like 3 or 4 other cars there and not 1 person got outt to help me! Assholes!

18. DANS_S4

DANS_S4 DANS S4

Members Ride:
    AUDI S4!
  19. *VOLATILE*

*VOLATILE* Monaro here i come

Members Ride:
    VT Acclaim S2
    Hmmmmm mine would be the fact when i had my old banger Ford Laser when i was younger. Had my car parked between two cars. To the point that my car was bumper kissing both cars in the front and rear.

This was at a mate's party. Once the party was over, I found that my car had been stolen. The strange thing was that the 2 cars parked either side of my car were unscathed and the morons SOMEHOW stole MY car without ANY damage what so ever to the other 2 cars.

The other freaky thing was hearing my license plates being read out loud on the police radio whilst it was being used in a high speed car chase with the cops AFTER it was used in a armed holdup. Yes, the Laser was used in a high speed car chase. AND YES! The cops said to me while i was there that they had to abandon the chase coz the robbers were getting too fast. I didnt think my car could get to 140km/h but then again i'm not a stoopid driver..........

20. Patrio7

Patrio7 3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.

Members Ride:
    '96 S1 VS Exec