Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

~strange~

VRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 6-Speed
strangest thing that's happened to me is i went to my sisters house and when i started up my car to leave the indicators wouldn't work, stopped the car, restarted it and they worked fine.

my old VK used to do that, but only when someone else started it.
it happened when you turned it on and just let go of the key when it fired, the ignition barrel would stay between the 'on' position and the 'start' position. I always turned the key on and then turned it back after it fired i never just let the key go :p
if you just turned the key back a tiny bit it would have worked :p

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
if it happens on this vc ill know what to do now!

Misaprop

black betty
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I had a massive huntsman climb from under the front right wheel arch onto the bonnet, while I was doing 80. It walked around, on the bonnet for a few seconds then went back under the wheel arch... I hate massive spiders.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
hehe....I remember this vividly and I think I've posted it on the forum before.

I had an old Corolla that had seen better days but it only got driven for five mnutes a day. Anyway I was coming home from work one day with a cop car sitting behind me.

As I came around a corner the sun hit me in the eyes so I flipped down my visor. Well, I was wearing a singlet at the time (mid summer) and this dirty huge huntsman dropped off the visor and went straight down my shirt front.

I grabbed the front of my shirt where the spider was and then I just went into complete shock and started swerving all over the road and tried to pull over.

Well, as it happened I spun off the road into the ditch whilst never letting go of my shirt.

So there I am sitting in my car having a goddamned coronary holding onto my shirt and hyperventilating when the cop has pulled up and comes running over to the car. He throws open my door and sees me sitting there clasping my shirt. He obviously thinks I'm having a coronary as well....he calls for a ambulance whilst I'm trying to stop him. He rips my hand from shirt and the spider comes tearing out of my shirt up the side of my neck. The poor cop just freaks right out and pulls his gun....on the spider. I subsequently have another coronary because of the cop pulling the gun and then I swat the fly away.

I get out of my car, light a smoke and the cop asks me for one too. So here we are, two guys leaning against a beat up old corolla both sweating like pigs for different reasons.

Then the ambulance comes flying out of nowhere. Yup, you guessed it, he forgot to cancel the meatwagon. I get lumped with a $700 odd ambulance bill that the cop immediatly agrees to split with me.

There you have it.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Its not strange but I just remembered a story that a certain relation of mine reluctantly shared a while ago.

They were driving on a fairly decent trip, 600+ km's or something like that, towing a car, on a trailer. Can't really remember why they were towing it, whether it was a purchase or due for repairs.

Somewhere along the highway the trailer jumped ship, took a hard left and left the highway via a large ditch - the car being towed, which I believe was a rav 4 or the likes. Copped quite a bit of damage, quite possibly even a write off.

Strange!

Even better was when he went to the dump, standard box trailer full of leaves and yard scraps. Hooked the trailer up and took off. About 10 minutes later he pulls up at the dump, does a U turn in front of the pile, unclips the seatbelt. Props himself up out of the chair to reverse back watching the trailer. Can't see the trailer!!! Turns out he'd forgotten to do up the chain linkage and it'd jumped off. But where? He drove back exactly where he'd come from, just waiting to come around the next bend to see this box trailer parked into the side of a car somewhere. Or worse yet, into a crowd. But after each corner. Still no trailer. Maybe somebody had picked it up already?

He drove home - and there it was, still in the driveway about 1m from where he originally had it.

Very very lucky. It could have turned out much worse if it'd come off in traffic or around people.

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I also had spiders freaking me out while driving. But it was so small, small as a fingernail but big enough to give me a heart attack!!!!

-UNKNOWN-

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 VR S2 BT1 5 Speed, N13 Pulsar Vector
Was driving (85 Camira!) past the airport (adelaide) when all my lights turn off and car starts to die.. I pulled into the airport lookout/skatepark, got out the car to have a look.. Looked at the front of the car to see an orange glow under it, thried to open the bonnet but forgot to pop it! Ran to the drivers door, popped the hood, opened it and wooof! More oxygen to fire! My battery and bonnet lining was on fire! So I started smacking the fire on the bonnet with my hand and soon after realised it hurts!!! Ran to the boot and got a rag and wacked the fire out with that. After it was out I found that the battery clap had came undone and earthed out on the + terminal! Also while all this was hapening there was like 3 or 4 other cars there and not 1 person got outt to help me! Assholes!

*VOLATILE*

Monaro here i come
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim S2
Hmmmmm mine would be the fact when i had my old banger Ford Laser when i was younger. Had my car parked between two cars. To the point that my car was bumper kissing both cars in the front and rear.

This was at a mate's party. Once the party was over, I found that my car had been stolen. The strange thing was that the 2 cars parked either side of my car were unscathed and the morons SOMEHOW stole MY car without ANY damage what so ever to the other 2 cars.

The other freaky thing was hearing my license plates being read out loud on the police radio whilst it was being used in a high speed car chase with the cops AFTER it was used in a armed holdup. Yes, the Laser was used in a high speed car chase. AND YES! The cops said to me while i was there that they had to abandon the chase coz the robbers were getting too fast. I didnt think my car could get to 140km/h but then again i'm not a stoopid driver..........

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec