Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Strathfield radio rip offs???

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
were do you live, soundmaster at hurstville(NSW) install HU for around $70 and they give you a lifetime warrenty.

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
im in little ol adelaide
some places around do it for 70 bux also
and straths will price match if ya ask
sometimes

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
daron. said:
...last person says he hears horror stories well as an installer i see a hell of a lot more horrors form so called mates who think they know what they doing
i have seen airbags go off, panels cracked, looms not taped and that costs alot more than 100 bux to fix

Yeah, I spose it's like anything really. Dodgy installers can produce horror jobs and backyard boys with NFI can do the same.

I've never had any of the above things happen to me and I've installed at least a dozen stereos. If you have any idea about this sort of thing, then do it yourself, otherwise take it to someone and hope for the best! :D

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
Stathfield are generally alright from my experience.As for $100 to install,never go on your first quote,get at least 5.One place I don't recommend is Car Audio Exelence,you want rip off's..then that's where to go.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
lpassociation said:
um, they want $100 to install this:

http://www.strathfield.com/ViewProduct.asp?ProdID=1745

is that pricey? i think it is very pricey, or is that really how much it is?
anyone in sydney know where i could get it cheap?

-- i know nothing about installing car audio or audio in general, i am sorry if this is a stupid question.

Ripoff??? I think not. You asked how much to install it and they quoted you a price. If you think it's too dear go and get a quote elsewhere or do it yourself. Just remember - getting things done "cheap" is not always the best solution!

Reaper

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
davey g-force said:
Yeah, I can't believe people actually pay to get car stereos installed!

I've heard some horror stories about some of the installs. Basically, they're dodgy, you could do a much better job yourself.

...And there's no way I'd trust my car with some 18 year old novice with NFI !

Not that I would ever bother myself, why wouldn't people pay to get it installed.? Not all stereo installers are dodgy - actually the vast majority of professionals aren't.

IMHO a professional installer would do a heap better job than somebody who has nfi. It wasn't a stereo, but I did get my mobile phone hands free kit installed professionally even though I am far more mechanical than most. Reasons - he does it every day, has all the right tools, knows where all the screws and clips etc are and did it in about 1/3 the time it would have taken me. The job is very neat and works great.

If you had any doubts as to their abilities, just ask to see a couple of examples of their work preferably in a similar model car to yours.

Reaper

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
BeastVS said:
were do you live, soundmaster at hurstville(NSW) install HU for around $70 and they give you a lifetime warrenty.

im from burwood, i might ring them!

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
nope, paid for it all, getting installed SAT!!

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Let us know how it sounds :)

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
mattman said:
Let us know how it sounds :)

lol. its going in saturday at 9am, im only getting the HU atm, :( no subs or amps till i can pay my brother lol