Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Strathfield radio rip offs???

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
um, they want $100 to install this:

http://www.strathfield.com/ViewProduct.asp?ProdID=1745

is that pricey? i think it is very pricey, or is that really how much it is?
anyone in sydney know where i could get it cheap?

-- i know nothing about installing car audio or audio in general, i am sorry if this is a stupid question.

done AND PAID FOR install, thx guys

Last edited:

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Being charged not much more than that to install front and parcel shelf speakers, plus a total rewire. Deck is already in though.

I'd be shopping around..

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
dude lifetime warranty, u can be interatate and still have it fixed, and if u sell ur car they will remove it for you for free. so u can put in your new one.

and there installers are good. for my money i would do it

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
brohawk said:
dude lifetime warranty, u can be interatate and still have it fixed, and if u sell ur car they will remove it for you for free. so u can put in your new one.

and there installers are good. for my money i would do it

gah, i never knew about the warranty, i guess now it is worth what you pay, but i found it cheaper by 20$ at ryda? hmm not sure!

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
look at the pros and cons strathies offer the best around plus whats 20 bucks if ur getting a life time warranty

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
is it lifetime warranty on the install? Sure, some places can be worth $100 for a HU install, but one from strathfield wouldnt be one of those places. But if they're gonna lifetime warranty their work, it would be worth it, just read teh fine print

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
Last week I would have said it was expensive.

Well this week it's cheap. I offered to install my Sister in Laws stereo for free but her husband went and paid $420.00 for the install of the HU and two rear six inch speakers ($60.00 purchase price of the speakers was included in that price).
I rewired it the next day as the constant an acc lines were joined to an ignition wire, no earth connected other than through the HU casing sitting in it's frame which sometimes earthed and the rear speakers were wired opposite to each other.

I have been quoted between $60.00 and $150.00 for just an HU install so I guess I will always install my own.

Of note these relatives also spent $1499 on a computer I told them I could get but with a 17" LCD rather than a CRT for $700 complete with software.

yobbo88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH commodore SL wagon 253
even with a lifetime warranty thats still expensive... its not hard to do it right yourself and they take it out for free? your telling me you cant pull on a HU and either unplug a loom or cut some wires? do it yourself you'll learn some neat stuff when you do it too

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Yeah, I can't believe people actually pay to get car stereos installed!

I've heard some horror stories about some of the installs. Basically, they're dodgy, you could do a much better job yourself.

...And there's no way I'd trust my car with some 18 year old novice with NFI !

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
straithfields charge 88 bux generally to install a head unit
the reason your beeing charged 100 is it will include the pocket for under your radio
last person says he hears horror stories well as an installer i see a hell of a lot more horrors form so called mates who think they know what they doing
i have seen airbags go off, panels cracked, looms not taped and that costs alot more than 100 bux to fix
yes there are a few places around with bad installers like any industry
but 90% are fine
sometimes the cheeper guys do they dogdy stuff and also when ya get ya car back it ends up more cause they added wires, terminals.pockets without tell you and it ends up over the guy down the streets higher prices
yes shop around but word of mouth awill always win