Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

street/ strip vl..

vtss5spd

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx ss/ k8 gsxr 1000
Hey guys.. i figured this was the best place to come to ask bout vl turbos.
i am currently selling my vt ss because i lost my license untill 2008 for bein a dick on my r6 and i want to get stuck into a project car.
ive looked at a few options but in the end i think a vl t wouls suit me the most. I was looking at buyin a vl turbo for bout 4-7k and pullin out the engine and havin it rebuilt to suit my needs and for reliability.
I want to build one with around 300rwkw.. what i want to know is how do i go about doing this.. i dont know whether to stick with the sohc rb30 head or go with an rb25 head and i need help in what to do with piston and compression choice, turbo, intercooler, fuel, computer etc etc.. I was thinking about a stall converted and manualised trimatic for the tranny. Diff choice and suspension choice is another issue.
All in all i want a vl that will run 11s with ease but also perform street driven duties without too much hassle.
Thanks fellas

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
you're best to do a search through this section. then if there are any more questions just list them. but be specific with the questions or we'll all be going off on tangents.

the big question of heads though, depends on finances. rb25/26 is a better head but you'll still get 300rwkw from rb30 head easy.

blownbt1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl turbo
Keep the rb30 head and just put a cam in thats all you need to do also get a set of cp forgies and a set forged rods. As for the turbo and fuel set-up you can get 300rwkw plus with a single 044 pump or run two 984 pumps with a surge tank a good turbo to get you that power and good on the street is a gt35/40 with a .82 rear housing. When its time to buy your computer ask the person thats going to tune it to see what he likes the best as the last thing you want is a crap tune. Iv just put a manualised tri-matic in my vlt with a 3500 stall and its great on the street and fun to drive its the way to go if you were to run a set-up like this including all the little bit and peices you would see a low 10 easy.

vtss5spd

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx ss/ k8 gsxr 1000
Thanks guys.. i think i will probably just stick with the single cam head then.. really lookin forward to buildin this vl..

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
the rb30 already has forged rods in it.