Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

stringers projects

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
efi 202 torana, vk project car!
Proper picture codes? They are a link to each pic on photo bucket. Don't know how to do it any other way..?!?!?

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Looking good, will be staying tuned for updates ;)

With the image links put
I]

Then you won't have to click on each photo to see it.

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
Oh ok cheers mate. If I go through and edit them will it come up right?

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Yeah mate, should do,
at the end of it.

EDIT: Actually it will most likely have and [ /url] at the start and end o...type into ? lol, not sure what its called? :/

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
All good mate I recon I got it sussed! Cheers. Just started pullin the show car project apart(il refer to it as the green vk from now on as it will be green soon.)

PirateJoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute, YZF-R6
What engine is going is the show car? Please don't say a v6....

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
Wouldn't be much of a show car with a v6 in it would it ? :p
unless you did something outrageous to it

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
Ok well here is the plan for the show car any help on price estimates would be appreciated.

no probs. so to start with, lets clarify this whole "show car" business. if your intention is truely to have a showcar, then budget around $40K and a couple of years. to be honest, you have not really chosen the best base for a show car, purely because your build plate will always be for a VK exectutive, 6 cylinder. nothin you can do to change that. and you will watch people walk up to your build plate at a show and go "oh!" and walk off without voting.

a show car can cost anywhere up to (or above) 100 grand. so why skimp on 5 or 6 grand getting your shell?

UNLESS, we are talking about a nice daily, or maybe a weekend car. ditch the whole "showcar" idea and call a spade a spade. then you can lower your price down to about 25 grand.

Ok well first it needs a full paint job! So EVERYTHING will be stripped from the shell and il get a pro to spray it. Colour scheme is a nice deep gloss green sorta green most ppl use for cars..

you can strip that shell out in a day. how much of the work do you plan on doing? remember GOOD panel beater, who turns your car into a show car could charge anywhere up 15 grand, depending on materials.

if you get the car sodablasted, prep all the body yourself, get it all blocked back and ready for paint, you could pay between 2 and 5k.

And all the chrome strips etc will be black..
k.. whatever floats your boat mate.

....Mags il match to the car when it's done but they will only be 16s not really into huge mags....
yeah cant quote on that. too vague

..Inside will match in a way because il get it fully redone! Will all be black with like the stitching and piping and bits and pieces green to carry the green to the interior.....

between 3-6k depending on who does it and what materials they use, i.e. italian leather or vinyl.

.. N it will be on just the superlow springs don't like it too low.
how far are you gonna take the undercarrige? its something that will need to be considered for a show car. if you do an immac body and leave the floor dirty then ... just yeah... all your control arms will need to come off and be coated in something, get the k-frame done, the diff, tailshaft etc. EVERYthing. which, if you want someone else to do, then itll cost you a TONNE in labour. a full neo bush kit is 300 ish bucks, king springs 300 for 4 shocks 360 for 4, panhard rod 150, new tie rod ends, ball joints etc etc could easily add up to 2 grand, and then stick labour on top of that.

..All the underside of the car will be covered by a big checkerplate which will be dipped in that iodising stuff to make it black. Mate did it to his kingswood n il get him to do it.

lulwut??? can i say anything to convince you NOT to do that?

..Ok engine wise it won't be packin huge ponys. Just want a 355 stroker with mild cam, maybe a little head work to make it flow a little better,.
budget 10 grand. dont go tight here. you want it to be nice, and to last. budget 10 grand. also think about what transmission and diff you are going to use. probably get away with 15 grand including all the driveline if your smart (lucky)

..il let the exhaust guys pick the exhaust set up. But it will be twin all the way through to the rear with quad exhaust tips,.

$1500 for dual tips. you will need to modify your fuel tank or spare wheel well for anything more than dual outlets, so add a few hundred to 1k depending if your gonna go with a fuel cell, or what. HPC coat the whole exhaust and you will blow 4 grand on the exhaust system.

..Oh forgot to mention the vl rear bumper add on and the front add on, Calais side garnish with side skirts to even out the height.,.

yeah again, i have nfi why, so am not gonna price it :p

so what have we got?
paint 5k
sodablasting 1500
interior 5k
underfloor 3k
15k drivetrain
4 grand for the exhaust.

$33, 500

im ready for the whole "i get it much cheaper than that" so what. im just totally guessing. but those are all guesses for a nice 'weekend' car. a showcar will be that and then some.

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
Na mate those prices sound about right. It's gonna cost alot I know but I'm gonna do it! Il do what I can myself like il strip it, iv got a mate who runs his own panel beating n spray painting business so il get a good, (not cheap) price for all that side. Been told ya can get brand new v8s from rare spares or somewhere which ya pay big bucks for the 0km side but was gonna get that and stroke it n maybe replace a few internals to make it last longer. Just want a strong reliable engine in it don't need big high speeds or anything like that. Um yea the underside of a car is fugly gotta at least smooth it up or somethin n yea dif n everything will be painted etc. Not sure on the fuel tank cos the fuel cells look **** IMO. Interior wise I hate leather that sticks to you so prob won't be leather but will be fully redone top to bottom.