Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

stringers projects

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Don't sandblast the engine bay...You'll never, ever get all the sand back out. Bead blasting or paint stripper is the go IMO.

I took all my engine bay back by hand, i wouldn't recommend that though, it's hard going.

Those bonnet struts certainly are show car material. :p

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
Don't sandblast the engine bay...You'll never, ever get all the sand back out. Bead blasting or paint stripper is the go IMO.

I took all my engine bay back by hand, i wouldn't recommend that though, it's hard going.

Those bonnet struts certainly are show car material. :p

LMAO, My thoughts exactly...

Good luck to OP though..

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
efi 202 torana, vk project car!
Yea the whole car will be sand blasted. Why is it hard to get the sand out? Mate says he has never had a problem with it. Just blow it all out with the air nozzle.

What's wrong with the bonnet struts? I hate the bonnet brace that's always in the way. What else do ya use to hold it up?

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
you chase the sand from one side of the bay to the other, its really hard to get it fully out. i dunno though, i did my engine bay by hand too and i reckon a bit of sand wouldnt hurt :p

also just for a #### stir... why so many pics of the engine? i dunno if i speak for everyone here, but its a 6 and no one cares. a pic of it in the bin would have been better :D

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lol fair call. It is just a six but I got a soft spot for that engine! It's got me away from the cops many times!..... Lol

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
Na they just can't drive for #### and I was one of those invincible teenagers! Thank god it wasn't a v8 or I'd be dead. Those days are long gone! 5 years without a license ain't fun and def ain't worth it! I just want a nice cruising car now.