Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

stringers projects

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
efi 202 torana, vk project car!
Ok well I do lots of projects so gonna do one thread for em all.

Ok last couple days I been doing a v6 conversion into my brothers vk. He paid $1200 it was running but we all know most (not all) old 202s just end up being a headache so got him to go oit n pick up a vn.

The vk is in pretty good nick. Better then average. Nothin worth restoring as an original but a great place to start. It's red and will be a v6 once I'm done.

Il post lots of pics as I go along :)

Well so far we have got both engin3s out and the vn kframe bolted to the vk.
Alright il keep yas posted!

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ya ready for some pics? Just got bored n thought I'd take some pics.

Ok this was my first love! RIP!

whitevk.jpg

whitevkrearbumperpainted2.jpg

whitevkinterior.jpg

whitevkengine.jpg

Last edited:

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
Those were pics of my first vk since then I been in love with them! That one ended up getting crashed. It was wet and a bloke in a land cruiser hit the rear right n it twisted all the chassis and everything.

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
Next I had another vk which was just a 202 4spd n only had it a couple weeks n got offered 1500 cos it was on gas n everything. Then early last year I got this next vk...

newvk2.jpg

newvkinterior.jpg

newvkrearright.jpg

Last edited:

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
Reason I'm doing it in multiple posts is because it often doesn't post n shots me off writing tones n then it disappears!

That last vk was a 202 n thanx to you guys I successfully converted it to efi 202 which was originally from my first vk. Was going through a stage of hating the law so drove it without getting the engineers cert n now it's got a defect on it and I got it back last Friday!

Next pics are the two vks I have at the moment sittin in the shed. One is the vk from above and the other is the one I'm converting to v6 supposedly for my brother but he has quit his job and gone back to school so I doubt he will pay me back for it.

598478ae.jpg

926d6e7b.jpg

f26c4669.jpg

481cf8ed.jpg

3346808c.jpg

9d02274b.jpg

5ba4aff5.jpg

8c79f57b.jpg

9ea15254.jpg

b9361da9.jpg

Last edited:

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lol all good dude well yea they were **** compared to what I have planned. Well as mentioned the red one is a v6 project which will be my daily. The other will be a show car lol yea go on have a laugh. But I'm dead set on it n I'm in a position finically where I can do it now. I'm head chef and taking home 1700 a week n only working 4 days. Once the v6 is engineered and I can drive it. Basically all my funds will be poured into the show car.

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok well here is the plan for the show car any help on price estimates would be appreciated.

Ok well first it needs a full paint job! So EVERYTHING will be stripped from the shell and il get a pro to spray it. Colour scheme is a nice deep gloss green sorta green most ppl use for cars. And all the chrome strips etc will be black. Mags will be chrome but sort of a darker shade so it matches in with the theme dark tinted windows etc. Inside will match in a way because il get it fully redone! Will all be black with like the stitching and piping and bits and pieces green to carry the green to the interior. Mags il match to the car when it's done but they will only be 16s not really into huge mags. N it will be on just the superlow springs don't like it too low. All the underside of the car will be covered by a big checkerplate which will be dipped in that iodising stuff to make it black. Mate did it to his kingswood n il get him to do it.

Ok engine wise it won't be packin huge ponys. Just want a 355 stroker with mild cam, maybe a little head work to make it flow a little better, il let the exhaust guys pick the exhaust set up. But it will be twin all the way through to the rear with quad exhaust tips. Oh forgot to mention the vl rear bumper add on and the front add on, Calais side garnish with side skirts to even out the height.

Hmm think that's about it. Need a hand setting a budget and deadline or it will be a never ending pit!

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
Can you post proper picture codes please