Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Strip show - 370Z v HSV R8

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
there is a lot of hype around high powered cars and their relation to deaths on Aussie roads...

I'm not so certain that we will ever get a Supercharged V8 in Australia simply because there is too much negative hype about high powered cars....but hey i could be wrong....lets hope i am :)

I don't quite understand whats going on here, isn't the supercharged V8, in the VE's in Europe just a walkinshaw performance vehicle? not actually a Holden assembled V8 Supercharged? therefore it wouldn't matter where you live because you guys over there can buy these anyway

Walkinshaw Performance - Dealers

and also to your other point there is already another FACTORY car V8 Supercharged in OZ

Land Rover AU - Range Rover Sport - Overview

both cars can be bought in OZ and are extremely fast (boss has the sport and its insane in a large vehicle like that to move that fast)

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
lol@range rover sport.

sif fast. thing weighs 3 tonne. needs a supercharger to move it. it also needs a fuel truck to follow it around to school when your wife goes to pick up the kids and hold up traffic trying to turn right on a busy 40km per hour road...

Yea I would've said the same thing, we've got a HSV GTS Monaro 300kw, and it doesn't feel much slower than that. but yes agreed they are the p**s ya off kind of cars when its just richy rich driving them. But put a 50yr old bogan having a midlife crisis in it and jesus scary going that fast in a 4wd, oh and i think you'll find its the fastest vehicle (maybe BMW X6) that can tow 3500kgs.

Yea he would prefer a Holden, but you can't get a holden to tow 3500kgs well not legally over here (not a cool one anyway) so options are limited for some people.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
I don't quite understand whats going on here, isn't the supercharged V8, in the VE's in Europe just a walkinshaw performance vehicle? not actually a Holden assembled V8 Supercharged? therefore it wouldn't matter where you live because you guys over there can buy these anyway

Walkinshaw Performance - Dealers

and also to your other point there is already another FACTORY car V8 Supercharged in OZ

Land Rover AU - Range Rover Sport - Overview

both cars can be bought in OZ and are extremely fast (boss has the sport and its insane in a large vehicle like that to move that fast)

Nah its not quite the same, over there is sold as a Vauxhual and it comes from the factory like that. Its called the Bathurst. Whereas here you have to go and fart around with Walkinshaw.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
there is a lot of hype around high powered cars and their relation to deaths on Aussie roads...

I'm not so certain that we will ever get a Supercharged V8 in Australia simply because there is too much negative hype about high powered cars....but hey i could be wrong....lets hope i am :)

I don't care. If they are going to bring out a HO that is worthy of the plate, I'm going to get one.

Reaper

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
I don't care. If they are going to bring out a HO that is worthy of the plate, I'm going to get one.

Reaper

Thats the killer right there, 'worthy of the plate' is going to be hard to achieve.