Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Strobing Number Plate Lights.

VN SII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive SII - 91' - VX Executive SII - 02'
So I just noticed that both my Rear Number Plate Lights are full on strobing. No pattern, sometimes they both do it at the same time, sometimes they flash opposites etc. Will upload a video of it in a second, no fuses appear to be blown. They are LED's, same ones I've had in my Parkers for nearly a year now with no issue. When it's daytime I'll change the bulbs and see what happens then. But ultimately I'd prefer my LED's so I'd rather get it fixed than just changing the bulbs. A few of my Mates have LED's in their Commodores and so do the Cops around here so I know it's not an issue with using LED's. And as stated the LEDs are the EXACT same ones used as my Parkers and they're fine so I doubt it's the LED's. They're 5-Directional Cluster LEDS, white.

SII VX V6

Any suggestions/experience with the issue? Had the same type of LED's on my VN and the never caused an issue.
Fully aware my Number Plate is visible, it's 11:30 and I just finished work, and start again in 5 hours too slack to edit it out.

http://youtu.be/-2jD2auxP-E

Last edited:

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Are they Ebay LED's?
They look like they are on the way out.
Get a set of Aerpro number plate LED's. Shouldn't have a problem then.

VN SII

Reaction score
Members Ride
So you reckon it'd be the Quality of the LED's and I'm just lucky that the ones in the Parkers have lasted so long? I figured at first they'd just be on their way out. But for them both to do it at the same time seemed a bit uncanny. And yeah they're eBay ones, I'll check out my local Car shops etc, see if I can find some Aerpro's, hope the fix is that simple.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Yeah, seen the egay LED's do that before.
Autobarn etc have the number plate LED's

Mk2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais S2
Your number plate is on ecstasy.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Swap ur parkers and plate leds round and see if the issue follows the leds, if not U have an issue with the loom or bulb connector itself..

does it get worse when its raining?

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
So I just noticed that both my Rear Number Plate Lights are full on strobing]

Mmmm, if worse comes to worse you can always instal a mirror ball and smoke machine.:rofl2: but in sounds like a dodgy LED

VN SII

Reaction score
Members Ride
Was raining at the time actually. But it seems to have sorted itself out. Went to test it the next day, only one was having a fit. As I went to remove it, it started working. Left it for 5, still worked. Replaced the bulbs with new LED's and it seems to be fine now. So yeah I spose eBay LED's are complete crap haha. Get what you pay for I 'spose.