Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS1] stroked or camed?

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Senator Signature
keep the box cool and it will be fine.

Dark Side, maybe go for a ride in a few different combos and see what u like. U might even like the single turbo route for 8g drive in drive out thereabouts.

96SEN8R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS and VS Senator 215i
Ive seen the box in yours handle 290 and be fine, but ive seen them with 250 and let go. 270 will be fairly safe i think. Give brad a call and he will sought you out forsure 8250 2233. he worksvery long hours so you can call whenever

DARK SIDE

I’ll Fry Your Ricer
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 HSV V2 GTS Coupe
Mmm I’m really not a fan of turbo, they just have the vibe that they are compensating for something lol. But seriously they are not that street friendly and I cant see us getting a track here anytime soon. I would proffer to get her blown. But I think for now I will just save for the cam.

Cheers

DARK SIDE

I’ll Fry Your Ricer
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 HSV V2 GTS Coupe
Ive seen the box in yours handle 290 and be fine, but ive seen them with 250 and let go. 270 will be fairly safe i think. Give brad a call and he will sought you out forsure 8250 2233. he worksvery long hours so you can call whenever

Cheers mate, will do when i have the cash.

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mmm I’m really not a fan of turbo, they just have the vibe that they are compensating for something lol. But seriously they are not that street friendly and I cant see us getting a track here anytime soon. I would proffer to get her blown. But I think for now I will just save for the cam.

Cheers

not street firendly? they are quiet, smooth, work very well with stock stally, **** loads more power than a cammed ls1, and average much better fuel economy than bolt on, and are a shoe in for 11 sec 1/4s with your full weight stato.

Cammed ls1's are grumpy, loud, **** on fuel a pig on the street with a decent sized cam and will cost you around the same money as an entry FI kit when done properly.

DARK SIDE

I’ll Fry Your Ricer
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 HSV V2 GTS Coupe
I am just not a fan of the turbo, although you do put forward a convincing case. I just want to know at the end of the day that I get my power from ci I guess. Besides after hearing Steffens cluby I love the sound of the cam:).

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
i love the sound from my cammed ls1 aswell.. But i was only answering your initial post with what u wanted eg low to midrange power andgood fuel economy.

Being an auto, u can only really go a small cam (eg 220/220) to work with your stock convertor unless u want to spend an extra 1500ish on a decent torque converter, but there goes your economy.

Farlig

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Clubsport
I am just not a fan of the turbo, although you do put forward a convincing case. I just want to know at the end of the day that I get my power from ci I guess. Besides after hearing Steffens cluby I love the sound of the cam:).
and once you've driven your cammed ls1 for awhile, you'l wish you went straight to boost :) hehe but atleast you'l still have some lump since the cam is in there :)