Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS1] stroked or camed?

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Senator Signature
Just put a wet shot of gas on it now Stef ;)

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
lol, go cam so get a nice lumpy note and a bit of FI :D

SICK SS

7L 427ci BABY
Reaction score
Members Ride
427 ci vu ss a4 ve ssv a6
Mmm I’m really not a fan of turbo, they just have the vibe that they are compensating for something lol. But seriously they are not that street friendly and I cant see us getting a track here anytime soon. I would proffer to get her blown. But I think for now I will just save for the cam.

Cheers

not sure were you heard that from i had a single gt3540 on my ls1 and it was fine. Mash the pedal and it was a different story

DARK SIDE

I’ll Fry Your Ricer
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 HSV V2 GTS Coupe
not sure were you heard that from i had a single gt3540 on my ls1 and it was fine. Mash the pedal and it was a different story

I just want the power to be there from the start, rather than waiting for it. I see you have a 427 stroker, very nice. You have any vides of it on youtube or anything mate?

Cheers

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Senator Signature
I just want the power to be there from the start, rather than waiting for it. I see you have a 427 stroker, very nice. You have any vides of it on youtube or anything mate?

Cheers

a single GT35R turbo is there from the start mate, if you want i can organise you a ride in a turbo stato or my brothers calais, i think youll have a different attitude after that :)

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
turbo's are good as well, i'm a big fan of v8's being supercharged but have had a look on ebay recently at turbo set ups, if you go a big t66/ t88 (truck style turbo) it may be a different story as you'd need more to get them spinning, a decent sized turbo will bring the power on pritty quick and cover the rev range, just find one that suits your setup, as the gen3 takes a little to get moving anyway, when it does start moving the turbo will have already kicked in and woosh :D

but super chargers to sound tough all the time :D

SICK SS

7L 427ci BABY
Reaction score
Members Ride
427 ci vu ss a4 ve ssv a6

Cheers

not yet mate theres a vid of it on an engine dyno on youtube theres a link to it in my build thread. Ive had both superchargers and turbos id say for tuffness go the sc but it you want ball tearing torque go the turbo.
this is a vid of my ute with a raptor blower made same power as my turbo setup but the turbo made alot more torque bpth fun to drive.

YouTube - raptor charged ute launch

DARK SIDE

I’ll Fry Your Ricer
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 HSV V2 GTS Coupe
I always thought the exhaust took a while for the turbo to get going even with a small turbo. Well if you have the power from the start that’s, good enough for me. Can you get them engineered to be legal in SA though? Sound wise, I don’t think I have herd a turbo LS series before (well I have on video), but I know the superchargers do sound tuff. SIG is the stato or your brothers Calais coming on the 28th June cruise?

Cheers guys

DARK SIDE

I’ll Fry Your Ricer
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 HSV V2 GTS Coupe
not yet mate theres a vid of it on an engine dyno on youtube theres a link to it in my build thread. Ive had both superchargers and turbos id say for tuffness go the sc but it you want ball tearing torque go the turbo.
this is a vid of my ute with a raptor blower made same power as my turbo setup but the turbo made alot more torque bpth fun to drive.

YouTube - raptor charged ute launch

Im loading the vid now, used up all my broadband speed downloads so im going to be a while lol. What did you find went through the petrol a little easier the turbo set up or supercharger set up? Im guessing turbo right?

Cheers