Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS1] stroked or camed?

SICK SS

7L 427ci BABY
Reaction score
Members Ride
427 ci vu ss a4 ve ssv a6
Im loading the vid now, used up all my broadband speed downloads so im going to be a while lol. What did you find went through the petrol a little easier the turbo set up or supercharger set up? Im guessing turbo right?

Cheers

nah both were awesome on the highway was geting 9s on the high way. around town was good but like anything as soon as you uping it on the boost you could watch the needle go down lol.

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Senator Signature
I always thought the exhaust took a while for the turbo to get going even with a small turbo. Well if you have the power from the start that’s, good enough for me. Can you get them engineered to be legal in SA though? Sound wise, I don’t think I have herd a turbo LS series before (well I have on video), but I know the superchargers do sound tuff. SIG is the stato or your brothers Calais coming on the 28th June cruise?

Cheers guys

Wont be able to get them legal in SA due to emissions, but thats the same as getting a cam or just being mafless tuned.. We all dont really head out on cruises anymore due to all the police etc, but if im lucky i might be able to get my brothers out to the meet point.

DARK SIDE

I’ll Fry Your Ricer
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 HSV V2 GTS Coupe
Wont be able to get them legal in SA due to emissions, but thats the same as getting a cam or just being mafless tuned.. We all dont really head out on cruises anymore due to all the police etc, but if im lucky i might be able to get my brothers out to the meet point.

That would be wicked mate cheers:w00t:. so you legally cant get it blown or stroked either then?

Cheers

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
That would be wicked mate cheers:w00t:. so you legally cant get it blown or stroked either then?

Cheers

a V2 Capa SC kit if you leave the Capa Tune in the car is legal but fromwhat i understand the Vortec blowers all make power in the top end.. Stoking is not legal due to emissions.

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
it would be 5 grand plus extras mate eg injectors, fuel pump etc, and yes you'll have to get it approved by an engineer after, but it is an approved kit.