Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS1] stroked or camed?

DARK SIDE

I’ll Fry Your Ricer
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 HSV V2 GTS Coupe
Ok so now that my new 3.7 diff is all organized, (I’m getting it fitted Monday) I can’t decide what to do next wether to save for a stroker kit or cam? Around how much power will you get out of a 383 stroked ls1? What cam would you recommended for a stato? I am more focused on low to midrange power. I don’t really want to have my fuel economy go through the roof either. Also how $$ much am I looking at for getting it stroked.

Cheers

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Good thread, i'll be interested to hear opinions too.

DARK SIDE

I’ll Fry Your Ricer
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 HSV V2 GTS Coupe
to get a good stroker kit and installed and all the other bullshit involed will cost around 6-8,000 i would say.u would be much happier with a stoker than just the cam.

Cheers for the quick reply, wow i didnt think it would cost that much:cry:. i think i will save for the cam lol

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
depends how much you want to spend, most places iv spoken to have said go for cam and head package over strocker, cheaper and get very good power with them, i see your in Adelaide, Enhanced do a good job and package from what i understand, most places are around the $3-4,000 mark including tune, which for the power you get is very good, and you've already got diff gears done which i'm sure will help a bit id say.

do you have an otrcai already? if not do that too with mafless tune.

i'm going strocker on mine in near future but thats only cause the bottom ends going to need doing in the near future due to piston slap and gudgeon noise creeping in, other wise i'd go cam and heads package too.

DARK SIDE

I’ll Fry Your Ricer
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 HSV V2 GTS Coupe
cheers for your help guys, yea i have the otr cai fitted.

Is it a case of doing one or the other? Or would it be worth getting it camed and then stroked later?

Cheers