Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stroked VY idling rough and backfiring.

Kingy_vyss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 383
Hi All,

I own a 2002 VY SS that just recently got some work done to it. I got it stroked to 383 with cam, stally, new tranny, extractors,new exhaust and so on..
At the moment it is playing up. It has been backfiring and missing. I had changed the spark plugs, installed one new coil pack that was faulty and have checked my leads. All electrical that I can think of is working fine.
NB: Heads, manifold, injectors were not upgraded when the stroker was done, I'm not sure if this may affect it or not.
From here on in, I've got no idea what could be wrong with it.
Could anyone please help let me know what you think the problem may be.

Thanks heaps.
Jamie

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
How long since the strokes was done? If only a few days then take it back

Kingy_vyss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 383
Cheers NU13, I know theres no maf sensor anymore but i'll ask a couple mates if they could help check the other sensors... i'm not too clued on with this ****.

Futech

Like a boss
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7
My best advice is take it to someone who knows what there doing. Since 1. you don't have the equipment to diagnose the problem 2. You don't have the knowledge to diagnose the problem or fix it. Then the best thing you could do is take it to a Tech and get them to fix it. A problem like this won't take long to diagnose and fix.