Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

strong vibration vr ute with ecotec

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Condition of the rubber, does it wobble when the engine is running...

I would have thought if the balancer was wobbling it would be making a racket, no?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Did it come with a manual from the factory or was it a conversion? Did you fit the correct spigot bush when you changed the engine?

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
since when does an auto have a spigot bush ? the converter is mounted directly to the flexplate. Only manuals have an input shaft that slides into a spigot bush.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
It was a conversion i just bought it a few weeks ago this would be its 3rd engine

It could be a flywheel issue, unless the correct ecotec flywheel was used or the flywheel/clutch assembly was mirror balanced to the original flex plate it may very well all be out of balance.

If the 3rd replacement engine was from an auto than you will need to fit the manual spigot bush into the crank otherwise the input shaft will be floating around and causing issues. I'd recommend not driving it until you check/get that sorted first.

Wilsoncallum

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs ute
It could be a flywheel issue, unless the correct ecotec flywheel was used or the flywheel/clutch assembly was mirror balanced to the original flex plate it may very well all be out of balance.

If the 3rd replacement engine was from an auto than you will need to fit the manual spigot bush into the crank otherwise the input shaft will be floating around and causing issues. I'd recommend not driving it until you check/get that sorted first.
Thanks mate really appreciate it just checked old motor it had no spigot in it either so im strongly thinking that this is the problem **** i guess we live an we learn

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
The joys of modifying cars :)