Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

struck quite a weird problem

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
i was just putting on my new rear end, discs and LSD, not sure on the ratio, but i dont think its standard because the donner car had the gear taken off the speedo cable.

I have put my standard rear into the car i got the lsd out of so i can get it toed away, i then set to putting the lsd rear into my car and i decided that to make things easier i would take off the calipers and discs, i removed the right withotu a hitch, accept that once removed i realised that the whole handbrake assembly was missing!
So my question is, will a vn handbrake assembly fit into place and be compatible with the disc size, only a few months ago i got new shoes and drums for the old rear end, i dont think you can remove the shoes (if you can let me know) but the drum is basically brand new, anyoen want it, as long as you come get it you can have it cheap.

I remove the left caliper and the disc wouldn't come off, i spent a good 5 minutes hitting it in different spots, leaving it, and it just wont come off.
Any ideas on getting it off?
its all bolted up now but in the future i'd like to remove it.

Also, i have just taken my gearbox apart, the end case is off, still working on the bell housing, if anyone would like some help on gettign theirs apart PM me, its a bit tricky.

Thanks Stewart

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Stewart1000 said:
accept that once removed i realised that the whole handbrake assembly was missing!

It obviously isnt a manual then, what idiot would leave off the handbrake assembly?

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
yes but the thing is that one side has it, the side that i cant get the disc off, has the linkage going to the inside on the backing plate that activated the break and it works, weird ay... the car that it came out of was an auto i am quite sure, (it didnt actually come with motor or box) but it has the h/break cables.
i also dont know how to mount the cable to the linkage, can anyone help me there, there is a bracket attached to the backing plate but i dont know how to go about attachign it.
think the vn handbreak assembly would fit?
Thanks
Stewart