Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Struggle to start after sitting overnight?

SL/E 82

Reaction score
Members Ride
SL/E 308
Hi guys I’ve read lots of similar problems but not the same as this.
When car has sat overnight or all day at work it’s like it struggles to get fuel for a second or two. Cranks over and fires fine but just seem like it’s not getting enough fuel. Once it gets fuel it’s as normal and it’s fine if it’s only been turned off to go into shops or whatever, it’s just after it has sat for like hours. I’ve just replaced fuel filter and hasn’t made any difference it’s exactly the same.
I’ve got an envious customs scanner just need to get a laptop.
Thanks
Adam

SL/E 82

Reaction score
Members Ride
SL/E 308
Am going to clean maf next then do o2 sensors. It also takes awhile till it really wants to go. Like waiting for secondary’s to open up in a carb lol

SL/E 82

Reaction score
Members Ride
SL/E 308
Sorry car is a series 1 vy ss

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hi guys I’ve read lots of similar problems but not the same as this.
When car has sat overnight or all day at work it’s like it struggles to get fuel for a second or two. Cranks over and fires fine but just seem like it’s not getting enough fuel. Once it gets fuel it’s as normal and it’s fine if it’s only been turned off to go into shops or whatever, it’s just after it has sat for like hours. I’ve just replaced fuel filter and hasn’t made any difference it’s exactly the same.
I’ve got an envious customs scanner just need to get a laptop.
Thanks
Adam
Sounds like the fuel pump?

My vt v6 was the same when l first got it. Replaced the fuel pump & was fine after that.

gluten3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY L67
Sounds like the fuel rail is draining. Possibilities are fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump, or an injector.

Reactions: Lex

SL/E 82

Reaction score
Members Ride
SL/E 308
Thanks guys I suspected fuel pump but the taking awhile for it to rev out is making me think maybe an injector. It won’t spin the wheels in the dry and my mates v6 feels about as powerful as my ss.