Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

strut brace in engine bay

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
I've ordered a Pedders Front Strut Brace for my ute, and my mate is about to put one on his SSV Sedan.
Should be able to get pics and such in the coming days or next week sometime, but we got them from Bursons for $150 each.

clubby500

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve clubsport
Whiteline would be my choice.
K mac, pedders, fulcrum and a couple of others do them too but i think the whiteline is the best value for money online performance on ebay have them starting from 100 if you keep an eye on the auction ive seen people pick them up for $140. RRp is around $250
If you havent got aftermarket sway bars yet spend your money on them first they will improve your handling a lot more then a strut brace.
Rwd cars dont benifit as well from them as awd and fwd cars do as they eliminate a lot of touqe steer for cars with front axles we only get a slight improvement in heavy cornering. Well thats all ive noticed anyway.
Hope this helps

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Personally, I wouldn't worry about a strut brace unless you're doing some pretty serious track work or a tarmac rally or similar. The way the VEs are put together, the effectiveness of a strut brace in them is fairly limited. I don't think you'd notice the additional support of a strut brace at all in day to day driving (it would likely be placebo if you did notice it) - The car would have to be under some very serious stresses to make it a beneficial investment. Put your money towards changing the sway bars - by far the best bang-for-buck suspension upgrade you can do. Having said that, unless you plan a spring/shock upgrade also, the benefits of a sway bar change over are limited also - upgrades like that work best when you change all aspects proportionally (but I still wouldn't bother with a strut brace unless you're racing)

rusty411

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series II Sv6 3.6L ute
thanks for all your input
bigjim- id love it if you got pics up mate and let me know how easy they r to instal if u diy, 150 seems cheap to what ive seen....

clubby-yer that helped i wa unsure with whiteline hadnt heard much about them, they look good value for money i was planning on getting front strut brace and sway bars put in first and then do exhaust headers, and an otr cai thats about to be released for the sidi :) ik its not gonna do much than a pod but i love the look :)

tin- thanks mate always give me good feedback see how i go have u had a chance to get those measurements mate? cheers

Gambel

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV Wagon
check out my wagon in my topics i've got a pedders strut brace with pics.

RooFer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Thunder MY11
need help im new to this and need to know if anyone has seen the new ve ss thunder rims?