Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

strut brace Question

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
Only if you drive your car hard into corners which i do or take it to the track, otherwise more of a wank factor thing.

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
as dlf said, only if you go hard into corners

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
i'm thinking of fitted one only to cure the last creeks i get while driving up a driveway slowly

i've gotten rid of 98% of creeks and rattles :thumbsup:

i only want to fit a GM one that costs $50 or so

will it affect my wheel alignment and will i need to another one done

jazza15

Jarryd
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT II S
I asked my mechanic a similar question and he reckons that you can bend a GM one over your knee.
The adjustable ones can be adjusted tighter or looser and of course are much more rigid, so you do get your moneys worth.
Having said that, you'd have to be going pretty fast around a pretty hard corner to maybe even feel a difference, so for a street car many people come to the conclusion that a good one or a GM one isn't even worth it.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
My brother in-law got me my fully adjustable one for $70, dont know where from an cant remember the brand name.Its a nice metallic blue colour.

sus_038

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S-Pack S2
I asked my mechanic a similar question and he reckons that you can bend a GM one over your knee.
The adjustable ones can be adjusted tighter or looser and of course are much more rigid, so you do get your moneys worth.
Having said that, you'd have to be going pretty fast around a pretty hard corner to maybe even feel a difference, so for a street car many people come to the conclusion that a good one or a GM one isn't even worth it.

they make a huge difference when driving in the hills etc