Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

strut to plates..knocking noise...can they wear on a vs?

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
whenever i hit a bump me front left suspension makes a clunk/clunkclunkclunk....and when it does this it can be felt in teh foot rest and the brake pedale slightly also accelerator pedal.

ok first thing first i have replaced everything in teh front end of my VS even tried 2 different stuts (brand new) and this noise is still there, only thing i can think of is the strut top plates or rack but the rack is pretty good and has no play in it

also have swaped the wheel bearing hub assembly over from my wagon and it still makes teh noise

everything is brand new....springs spring insulators, struts, ball joints, tie rod ends, rack ends, all bushes, link pins and bushes, strut tops and stut top bearings.....everything!!! and this noise is there grrr....

can the strut top plates (the ones bolted to the strut tower where the strut mount gets bolted to) cause a knocking noise?
any help?

cheers

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
If the nuts aren't done up tight enough it can knock. Or if the washer is upside down.

What is the inner control arm bush like?

Another thing to check is that the adjuster bolt for the camber on the strut is actually touching the strut.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
hey Abba which washer? the one on the top or the one in the middle? and should the adjuster be touching the strut or not?