Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Strut tops

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
I have the Nolathane Evolution strut tops, can't remember what I paid though. But I only got those instead of the Noltecs cause the Noltecs were ridiculously expensive.

How do you find the ride with them and are they showing any signs of wear?

Also what did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I have non adjustable red Nothanes, wishing I had of went with rubber. They made it quite a bit harsher but if you are just driving around in a city it wont matter

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
I have non adjustable red Nothanes, wishing I had of went with rubber. They made it quite a bit harsher but if you are just driving around in a city it wont matter

Im taking it the roads are pretty bad over there? The roads are pretty good here, although when i do rarely take it off road, the corrugation makes things pretty bumpy.

Im going to call up a few places and price up the nolathane ones tomorrow and see what the prices look like. Heres a picture that kind of shows the camber compared to the rear

Image054.jpg

will new strut tops fix that or should i get adjustables?

Ill try snap a better pic of the camber tomorrow

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Genuine is probably the cheapest but some say they are not reliable. Lots of forum members have complained about failures, but they are ok in my car after 18 months.
Can't the camber be adjusted at the camber screw ?
If you want urethane also check out superpro. Are you doing control arm bushes too ?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Im taking it the roads are pretty bad over there? The roads are pretty good here, although when i do rarely take it off road, the corrugation makes things pretty bumpy.

Im going to call up a few places and price up the nolathane ones tomorrow and see what the prices look like. Heres a picture that kind of shows the camber compared to the rear

Image054.jpg

will new strut tops fix that or should i get adjustables?

Ill try snap a better pic of the camber tomorrow

The roads a bit hectic yeah, we had one fatal bus crash and two truck roll overs in the last month :S 2 on the same corner

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Genuine is probably the cheapest but some say they are not reliable. Lots of forum members have complained about failures, but they are ok in my car after 18 months.
Can't the camber be adjusted at the camber screw ?
If you want urethane also check out superpro. Are you doing control arm bushes too ?

Yeah I have heard lots of mixed stories, Dont want them to wear out too quickly, so do you have genuine ones in your car?

There is no camber screw on the vn unlike later models, although i see many other vn's lowered and they dont have as much camber as I do. I'll call Wholesale suspension in Penrith tomorrow and see what they say. Yeah will be doing control arm bushes

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
The roads a bit hectic yeah, we had one fatal bus crash and two truck roll overs in the last month :S 2 on the same corner

That's pretty bad. I see far too many Heavy Vehicles not driving to the conditions, they fly past you in the wet and I'm sitting just below the speed limit. All the accidents on the highway here usually involve heavy vehicles.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
How do you find the ride with them and are they showing any signs of wear?

Also what did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers

I did not notice a real change in the harshness of the ride, however I changed to new shocks at the same time I did the strut tops so perhaps that negated any negative effects of the strut tops :p I have been quite happy with the strut tops themselves though.

No signs of wear yet but the car has barely been driven over the last 12 months so thats not really definitive. I purchased them off of GSL Rallysport, it was over 12 months ago I believe so im not sure on cost, but send GSL a PM and see if they can still do a price. I've always found them very competitive on prices and great to deal with.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
I did not notice a real change in the harshness of the ride, however I changed to new shocks at the same time I did the strut tops so perhaps that negated any negative effects of the strut tops :p I have been quite happy with the strut tops themselves though.

No signs of wear yet but the car has barely been driven over the last 12 months so thats not really definitive. I purchased them off of GSL Rallysport, it was over 12 months ago I believe so im not sure on cost, but send GSL a PM and see if they can still do a price. I've always found them very competitive on prices and great to deal with.

Yeah i did PM him but I think he only has the Noltec $395 or Whiteline $249

I suppose the Whiteline arent a bad price, they have a pretty good rep.

Ill shoot Greg another PM tomorrow after i get a few more quotes I think