Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Strut tower is number questions

VKL98

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS
What number should I be looking for on my strut Tower I am yet to rub back the paint to reveal what I can see as faint markings
Should I be looking for the one on the strut Tower to match the one that is on the radiator support or should I be looking for the one that is on the compliance plate..

I have just been reading a through a few threads here and still am a little confused

This is a pic from one of the threads here... attached and it looks like his number matches the one on the compliance plate is this correct???

long story short when I gently rub back the paint is this the same number that I should find on the tower?

20200725_095929.jpg

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Yes, that number circled is one on the strut tower, its called chassis number.

VKL98

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS
That's good news because the one I sanded back to find and great in happens to be the same...thanks for the info

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
vb-vh radiator support although last of vh production chassis number was moved to strut tower.

vk & vl should all have number there untill vn came in went to tag under windscreen on passenger side.