Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

stuck the wheel

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
the passenger front wheel on my car is stuck on the hub, what i wanted to know is can i get the brake caliper off then remove the entire hub and what not, to take off the wheel.

any help/instructions will be bloody genius!
cheers.

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
sounds like theres a bit of corrosion on the rim,just hit/kick the wheel hard at the top and then the bottom,keep doing that and it will seperate...

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
oh, should have mentioned that i've already tried it, and, have had it jacked up and hit the **** out of the wheel.

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
wak some sort of lube crap around the hub to try and loosen it and just keep kicking the crap outa the top then bottom then top then bottom
itll work eventually

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
hmmm, to did you get it high enough to hit it with a sledge hammer, all my jacks ####in suck ass.

Deltak

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Hi,

If you can spray either WD40 or a better penetrating oil in the join between the hub and the wheel and give it a bit of time. You may help if you can go for a drive and get a bit of warmth into the hub (ie use the brakes !).

Spray again after you get back and it should come free. Just don't get the spray on the brake rotor and contaminate your brake pads.

Just a suggestion.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Get a lever in between the rim and lower control arm and lever it off. Spin the wheel a bit to lever it off bit by bit if you have to.

Then clean it up with some emery paper or wire brush before putting it back on (both the wheel and the hub).

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
thanks for all the ideas, lol i have kicked the **** outta the wheel, and hit it with a big ass hammer.