Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stuck throttle

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
Hey guys i had a problem last night which could have become dangerous that i should just ask you guys.

When i start the car for the first time of the day (And i have just been ignoring this) the throttle is stiff and i have do jam my foot on it then it works as normal after wards.

Last night i gave it a short boot and when braking my brakes felt faded and only just pulled up and when i was at the lights the car was revving out then i hit the pedal and it came unstuck again.

I have sprayed WD40 on the pedal spring bu no luck.

Any idea's?

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
maybe the cable is getting caught on the inside of the sleeve might be worth taking it out and checking it for any kinks or the like
could also be where it attachs to the throttle plate or TB

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
Yeah i checked the throttle body area and it looks fine and once u rev it repeatedly it works fine and is responsive it just happens in the morning and when you hold it flat for an extended period of time.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Probably your throttle stopper isn't adjusted and the butterfly is sticking to the housing either that or a stuffed cable. Either way it's 5 minutes to fix both

blownba

Reaction score
+1 for throttle sticking in housing.
Re adjust throttle stop so it just, just holds the throttle open a tiny bit to stop it sticking. As the throttle body cools down overnight its grabbing you throttle butterfly

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
Hay i had the same problem with the throttle but it got stuck open on the freeway and would not stop the car just keep goin fatser.The shaft in the throttle body was worn (car 360000km)and buttefly was jaming,so i stripped it down poshed and cutt the shaft and butterfly so they moved freely.This fixed the promble

Last edited:

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
Great help thanks guys yeah last time i had the throttle body off i noticed the butterfly stuck a bit i will just try adjusting the stop to open it a bit to stop it sticking will let know if doesn't fix it.