Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stuid question

Troy.j

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ss
I heard that you can put a chip into the computer on the car is that true you can put a chip in and it will give a little bit better performance and fuel economy??
And if so how can i tell if my vy ss already has one. Cause the car that i got was this old guy that past away he was a rev head so his daughter said it has a few things done to the car every thing was done properly and my mate with a vy ss said mine feels so much quicker and my mate has cold air intake extractors 2.5 inch system the same as mine. Or how can i tell without putting it on a dyno?? Sorry for the dumb ass questions

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
Chips yes are in the ecu i got mine done on vs

But i asked on my vy and he said its alot more difficult to do or something

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
memcal299x224.jpg

KEY BENEFITS

• 8kW to 12kW power gains! (even more when using 98-RON fuel)
  • Fuel economy improvements
  • Easy 10-minute DIY installation
  • Guaranteed power gains, or your money back

NOTE:
    -We can also disable VATS (vehicle anti theft system) if required. Please notify us at checkout.
    -Our performance MEMCALs are not suitable for forced induction applications, other than the factory supercharged L67 V6. If you have a highly modified engine or are running a custom supercharged or turbocharged setup, you will require a dyno tune.
    -This memcal is for basic bolt on's ONLY. This will not suit after market cams, strokers, turbo's, custom superchargers or anything above 10PSI on a L67 Supercharged V6. You will require a dyno tune from a reputable workshop.
    -We supply cam and chip packages separately. These are available in other listings.
    -Make sure you clean your MAF sensor before installing your memcal. But cleaning your MAF sensor should be done on a regular basis to keep your cars performance at its best.
    -The throttle body memcals are to suit vehicles running a larger MACE throttle body.
    -These memcals will not suit the ecotec v6 engine, for an ecotec you need to order a pcm which can be found 'HERE'.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
You dont chip LS motor ECU's. You get them retuned with software. There are a couple of ways to tell if it's been done but it requires hooking it up to a computer again.

Also, if your mates put those bolt-ons on, he should really have his car tuned to suit.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14

That's Buick/Ecotec/5L (no VX or VY unless supercharged) only (don't really get how that copy/paste from MACE would have answered anything anyway). No memcal for LS. With the multitude of good LS tuning around I wouldn't bother going a mail order tune.

OP, only real way is to actually look at the tune.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
That's Buick/Ecotec/5L (no VX or VY unless supercharged) only (don't really get how that copy/paste from MACE would have answered anything anyway). No memcal for LS. With the multitude of good LS tuning around I wouldn't bother going a mail order tune.

OP, only real way is to actually look at the tune.
Well I thought he had a L67 supercharge as its vy ss not a L36. Sorry.

And it says it for L67 not 5L.

He asked I answered
I heard that you can put a chip into the computer on the car is that true you can put a chip in and it will give a little bit better performance and fuel economy??

CRAZYDOG

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM CAPRICE V8
U ALWAYS PAY FOR HORSEPOWER .HIGHER FUEL COST .

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
don't really get how that copy/paste from MACE would have answered anything anyway

KEY BENEFITS

• 8kW to 12kW power gains! (even more when using 98-RON fuel)
  • Fuel economy improvements
  • Easy 10-minute DIY installation
  • Guaranteed power gains, or your money back

NOTE:
    -We can also disable VATS (vehicle anti theft system) if required. Please notify us at checkout.
    -Our performance MEMCALs are not suitable for forced induction applications, other than the factory supercharged L67 V6. If you have a highly modified engine or are running a custom supercharged or turbocharged setup, you will require a dyno tune.
    -This memcal is for basic bolt on's ONLY. This will not suit after market cams, strokers, turbo's, custom superchargers or anything above 10PSI on a L67 Supercharged V6. You will require a dyno tune from a reputable workshop.
    -We supply cam and chip packages separately. These are available in other listings.
    -Make sure you clean your MAF sensor before installing your memcal. But cleaning your MAF sensor should be done on a regular basis to keep your cars performance at its best.
    -The throttle body memcals are to suit vehicles running a larger MACE throttle body.
    -These memcals will not suit the ecotec v6 engine, for an ecotec you need to order a pcm which can be found 'HERE'.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
And it says it for L67 not 5L.

He asked I answered

Did you even read what I wrote? I just listed out what does and doesn't use a memcal (Ecotec and Buick don't even use the same type of memcal). Also, why do you have this habit of just pasting random google redirect links in with no explanation or context about them?

Anyway, I don't know if you were trying to give an example of a memcal or that a Mace memcal was the reason, all I meant is that the Mace thing isn't quantifiable just by going off an ad. Feeling 10kw extra through your seat? Good luck. How much more fuel economy? Guaranteed power doesn't have to mean much. Where kind of torque gains are we expecting here? Blah blah blah...